Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Signs of Spring

I've been working in my backyard this morning and can't believe it is just February and everything is blooming!  My husband even cut the grass.  We have had gorgeous weather the last few days.with a little bit of rain.  More rain is expected the rest of the week.  
We thought we might as well get a head start on the yard work.
I have had this Jasmine vine for 3 years and it never bloomed. It's huge!!   I had grabbed my shears and was about to cut it back and I noticed it has little buds all over it.  Here is one little flower opened up.  It smells so good!  Glad I noticed the buds before I cut!

Pretty pink blooms on shrubs.

Forsythia blooming ... it will soon be a mass of yellow if we don't have another frost. 

/And the Bradford pear trees are about to be in full bloom! 

An azalea is blooming in February!  This has been the mildest winter for us here in the South.  I just hope Summer is not too hot this year!

Now I've got to clean the kitchen after making spaghetti and meatballs.  It was the first time in a long time that I have made meatballs.  I usually just brown the beef and make my sauce.  It was so good!  Now that my backyard is tidied up and my tummy is full I think I will head to the sewing room and sew!

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna

13 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Hope we don't have another hard frost here - to much budding out. Spaghetti and meatballs sound so good.
They are saying possibility of bad weather tonight - hope they are wrong.

Linda said...

What beautiful signs of spring you have!!! I can't wait to see blossoms around here!! We have a snow storm in the forecast today. Hopefully, soon though.

Linda said...

What beautiful signs of spring you have!!! I can't wait to see blossoms around here!! We have a snow storm in the forecast today. Hopefully, soon though.

Betty Lou said...

We are experiencing some of the same here in North Texas. Mother Nature is arriving about a month early. Bradford Pears are just starting to bloom and trees are starting to bud. Pray we don't have another hot summer.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty blossoms. I still have a bit of snow and ice on the driveway, so nothing here is coming out! And the wind?!! Oh my. Instead of sewing after eating a nice meal, I'd want a little nap in the chair. I'm getting pretty good at using the napping chair.♥♫

erin said...

yes....how about this weather?!?! i am in such a spring-like mood here in tennessee...we have many blooms too, even on all the weeds. i am afraid this mild winter will bring many bugs and weeds this summer :0(
erin
xxoo
p.s. your blog has never looked so bright and cheerful!

Mama Pea said...

I am soooo anxious for spring. I am a little jealous of you on this. :-) Hope all is well!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Wonderful pictures of you spring blooms. It will be awhile here before we see any. It has been a mild winter and it is even raining here in Minnesota in February. It will probably turn to ice and snow overnight.

retrorevival.biz said...

It is a little unsettling, this weird weather all across the country, but like you, we're experiencing a glorious early spring here in Florida too! Love all the spring blooms:)

~Cindy

Jen in NY said...

I love your pictures Donna! Wow, blooms and grass-mowing already! I heard that we're in for a hotter-than-normal summer, up here anyway. I usually just brown meat too instead of making meatballs...until my husband complains we haven't had meatballs in a long time! LOL xo Jen

Aunt 'Reen said...

All of your spring blossoming plants & trees are gorgeous!
Crossing my fingers that your summer is MILD this year.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'll bet your garden is gorgeous; love your pictures.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Gorgeous blooms and I sure hope there are some leftovers 'cause I'm heading over for dinner tomorrow night.