Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweets for Valentine's Day

My husband and I had nothing planned for Valentine's Day.  To us it's just another day ... sad but true for us!  However we had some errands to run this morning and I saw where a lady I know had set up shop for a couple of days to sell her sweet treats.  I knew she baked goods for showers. weddings, etc.  My hubby and I both have a sweet tooth so of course my car immediately turned towards the shop :)

Here's what came home with us!  Cookies and notice the little lady bug.  The lady bug is a truffle and so cute.  It's on a green chocolate leaf.  Oops ... I forgot the chocolate covered strawberries in this pic! 



I had to have these lips!


Love the reds for Valentine's Day ...


And of course you must have a heart for Valentine's even if it's stitched on a vintage hand towel!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

erin said...

hi donna!
i just love the new and colorful look of your bloggy!! and your valentines day sweets have me drooling for sure! your images are so cheerful. happy valentines day AND happy belated birthday, sweety.
erin
xxoo

Linda said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Donna!!! Those lips are great! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Happy heart day Donna...love the lips. Mr.CC is a wonderful cook and he made me a chocolate pie...his first...poor guy...it was awful:( I guess we will just the chocolate apple that I gave him:)

Blessings,
Linda

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Those cookies look so delicious. And your red-and-white pretties are very charming. Happy Valentine's Day, Donna.

Mama Pea said...

Awww, looks great! It's just another day for me and my hubby, too. We believe in trying to live Valentine's Day every day! Hope you have a happy day!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the lips and all the other red and white.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Creations By Cindy said...

ooh, looks yummo! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marilyn said...

The lady bug was the first thing that caught my eye. Nice goodies!♥♫

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, let me say I LOVE all the stuff that are in your blog header...so cute and full of vintage chic :) :)

Happy Valentine's Day. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Miriam said...

Beautiful, Donna. Love the stitched heart.

I have a huge sweet tooth too. Can't resist chocolate!! Lol

retrorevival.biz said...

What sweet goodies! Hope your day was just as sweet as your baked goods:)

~Cindy

Jen in NY said...

Your sweets are so pretty and I bet they tasted great too! No wonder I get so hungry reading your blog! :-)