Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine Heart Wreath and a New Look

I don't do much decorating for Valentine's Day.  I have a few things I bring out of storage every year to use around the house.  I needed something bright and cheery in the kitchen.  It has been so dreary, gloomy and rainy here.    So I decided to make a wreath.


  I wanted a heart shaped wreath but didn't have one so I gave my husband a pattern and he cut the heart from  heavy cardboard.  I then covered the heart shape with torn pieces of fabric about 1 - 2" wide and wrapped it until the cardboard was covered.    I didn't even use any glue.  Next I had red fabric and red ribbon.  I tore the fabric into the size strips I wanted and tied them all around the cardboard.  I did the same thing with the ribbons just tying them all around.  It was easy peasy!!  A quick fun project and only cost a few dollars.  I had most things in my stash.  I only bought a couple rolls of ribbon.  Very inexpensive!

Do you my new blog look?  Misha of  From My Front Porch in the Mountains designed it for me.  I love it!  She really captured "me" so much in her design.  If you are looking for a new "blog look" you should go visit Misha. You will love her blog about living with her critters and horses in East Tennessee!  She hopefully will be a guest blogger for me soon!

Well that's all for today.  Jennifer is coming home today to celebrate my birthday with me.  It was Saturday but she had to work.  Today we will go to lunch somewhere and she wants to shop a little.

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am linking to Linda at Coastal Charm for her weekly NTT party.



9 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Donna,
Happy Birthday! I love the new look of your blog - it is delightful!

Your wreath is perfect, too.

Carol

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your wreath! Got to pin this on pinterest! Happy Birthday too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Mama Pea said...

The blog looks great. Good work! I love how your wreath turned out. You are so clever. Happy birthday to you! Have fun with Jennifer. That will be awesome!

Marilyn said...

I'm so forgetful that we celebrate the same birthday. Blizzard here so we'll celebrate later this month with Alex for his. Last year he proposed on his birthday! Enjoy all the possibilities that God will bless you with this coming year.♥♫

Jen in NY said...

Happy belated Birthday, Donna! The blog looks fabulous. You are so creative, I love the heart wreath.

Miriam said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Donna!!!!! :)

Love your new look. Congratulations Misha and Donna!

Your Valentine's wreath is great. Very cheerful.

Thelma said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful lunch with Jennifer and splurged on dessert!

Love the wreath! The only decorating I do for Valentines day is a few foil wrapped heart chocolates in a dish.

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy birthday, sweet lady! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating! Your heart wreath is so cheerful ~ the perfect cure for dreary weather:)

~Cindy

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Donna!!!!! I can't believe how tardy I am! Hope it was the best birthday EVER!!! Blog looks absolutely fabulous!