Friday, March 2, 2012

Boston Commons Quilt Top

Another quilt top finished!  I am really trying hard this year to finish several projects that I have been working on for way too long!  This Boston Commons quilt top is ready to be quilted and I am so glad!! 
This is the center of the quilt top.  I tried really hard to not sew two blocks together that are alike.
The fabrics I used were fat quarters I had in my stash.  They are all bright and cheery.  I wanted it to be a "happy" quilt!  It has a retro look which I love!

This is not a great pic ... you can see where I have had it folded.  It is a queen size quilt and it was hard to get a pic of the entire quilt. 
I want it quilted with lots of feathers to fill in the off white spaces and make a scrappy binding.

I tried to get a picture of the entire quilt but it's just not possible.  I needed two people to hold the quilt top!  My hubbies arms are just not long enough :)
I am really happy to have this quilt top finished and ready to be quilted.

We are expecting bad weather with possible tornadoes in our area today.  We really have to stay tuned in to weather radios, television or radios to keep informed for weather updates.  We have had too many close calls in our area in the past year.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

18 comments:

Bianca said...

Love,love,Love that quilt-top. Sweet colours too. Very curious how she will look once quilted. Will you quilt it yourself??
Hope those tornado's will keep clear of your area, sounds creepy. Will pray for you and yours to be safe.
Have a good weekend!
Hug, Bianca

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a BEAUTIFUL quilt top! I love your wonderful fabric selection. Nice and cheerful.
I can already envision the feathers in the white borders.
This is a pattern I've always wanted to make. Perhaps someday.
Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Auntie Em said...

What a happy looking quilt! The white areas will look beautiful with the feathers that you are planning.

Linda said...

Stunning!!!! I LOVE your quilt!!! It's going to be a show piece once it is quilted!! Those large white areas are perfect to show off some gorgeous feathers. So pretty! Congratulations on another gorgeous finish, Donna!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty - you did a great job! Do you do your own quilting or have someone else do it for you?

Cotton Blossom said...

Oh, I love that quilt. It will look great on a bed. Congratulations on a finish. I've got to many projects going on and need to finish a few before starting anything new. I always enjoy picking fabrics and piecing more than the actual finishing process. I'm praying the weather doesn't get to bad. I'm in east GA so we have a slight chance of it making it over here. I'm glad I know who is in control :)

Mama Pea said...

It's fantastic! I love the bright, cheery, retro fabrics in it. It will be a perfect bed quilt, especially for spring. I think the feathers will be just right. Hope the tornadoes don't come and you are safe today!

Julie in WA said...

This is a beautiful quilt top! I think your plans for the quilting are just perfect. Good job!

Thelma said...

Another great finish, that's a big quilt, the biggest I've ever seen you make! Congratulations. You are so right, the quilting in those large white space will really add so much.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the finish, Donna. It is a very pretty quilt. I can't wait to see it quilted. I love feathers!!!

Stay safe from the tornadoes.

Pink-a-Palooza said...

WOW! That is a sweet quilt! Welcome to the gang of UFOers..
Gael

Lynn said...

It's beautiful! Feathers in the "blank" areas will look great!

Betty Lou said...

Such a sweet quilt top, feathers will really set it off. Take care with this weather tonight, remember to take cover.

Deb said...

Very nice, Donna! Great job finishing the top!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Crazy 'bout that quilt top. It's beautiful. I also like your new blog header.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Crazy 'bout that quilt top. It's beautiful. I also like your new blog header.

donna said...

Donna I hope ya'll ok from the weather. Your quilt is just beautiful. I was thinking earlier today about all my scraps and how I should make a scrappy quilt.
Hugs
donna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a lovely quilt top! You are so talented. I hope that your area didn't have those horrible storms.