Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun Time With Friends

One of my best friends asked if I would like to go to a ladies tea at a local church Saturday night.  Of course I said yes!  She had told me that each table was set with dishes.  She knew I would love it ... she knows how I love dishes :)  When I walked into the huge room and saw all the tables I was thrilled!  Thank goodness I had my camera!  Here are just a few of the nearly forty tables!

This was the first table I saw as I walked in the door.  Gorgeous!  I adored this pink and burgundy table.  Serving pieces were used around the centerpiece.  So pretty ...

The chairs were decorated as well at each table. 


The lady who set this table said the dishes came from Cracker Barrel several years ago.  

Loved the brown tablecloth, white dishes and green on this table.  

The forsythia centerpiece on this table was so Springy.  The lights were dimmed while we ate so each table had candlelight.  The forsythia had fiber optics in the center.


Elegant table with white china.  Picture frames were used for place cards.  Each lady was given a small gift chosen by the hostess of her table.

We actually had dinner instead of tea.  All the tables had salad and dessert set at each place setting before we arrived.


Pretty Easter table with tulip napkins and pink candles.  Notice the chairs with elegant chair ties.


Jesus is the Real Thing was the theme for this table.  Coca Cola  dishes were used with red and black.   Very creative.

After we had a delicious meal we had a wonderful Christian speaker.  It was a lovely evening!

I have so many other tablescapes to share.  As I said there were about forty tables set.  There were so many themes used for the tables.  It will take me several posts to share them all.  I was in "dish heaven" to say the least!

It is always wonderful to spend time with two of my best friends. 

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna


12 comments:

Bianca said...

This was that lovely evening you told me about? What a fantastic tablearrangements! And although I don't have a "dishes-tick" like you, I would almost get it with the site of these tablesettings! Very nice. What a joy to eat with all those ladies in such beautifull settings. Looking forward to the other pictures.
Bianca

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such beautiful table settings!
What a lovely "Tea" theme. Glad you had a wonderful time - wish I was there to join you!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What fun! These are beautiful tablescapes. My favorite is the brown tablecloth with the white dishes and greens. I look forward to seeing more.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Those are some pretty tables - thanks for sharing.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh how lovely the tables are! Love this kind of stuff. The church I work for done a Feminar each year. They have approx. 400 women in attendance and the hostesses each have a table that they design as they wish. They try and coordinate it with a Bible Verse. So much fun! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Betty Lou said...

Loved seeing all those beautiful table settings. Wish I had been there. Thank you for sharing.

Marilyn said...

This would have been an event similar to the spring tea a friend takes me to at her church. I will look forward to more pictures!♥♫

Mama Pea said...

Donna, this is so neat! And it's right up your alley. That would have been fun to see all the different styles of dishes and how they decorated their tables. How fun. Glad you had such a good time!

Larissa said...

Wow Donna! These table arrangements are adorable!!! What a fantastic setting for a lovely tea!! You must have had SO much fun!!!

Linda said...

I love seeing all the different tables!! So creative and pretty. Sounds like a wonderful time!!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love this!!!! How beautiful. You were so lucky to attend this. Do they have it once a year? So many questions!!!! I wish I lived near you. We would have so much fun :)
xo, misha

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I'm a disher too! I might find some inspiration for our county fair here. Thanks Donna!