Monday, March 19, 2012

Kitchen Backsplash

My husband and I have been adding a tile backsplash to our kitchen.  I haven't finished decorating ... but here's a quick peek.  We have under counter lighting so there is a glare.  It's hard to take pics without the lights on.

We had tile left over from two tiled bathrooms from three years ago.  The tile had been in our basement waiting to be used.  We finally got busy a few days ago and went to work.  Well I mostly watched!
Today I am grouping my Bordallo bunny dishes together on the countertop trying to put everything back together.

My little bunny salt and pepper shakers wanted their picture taken! 

I will share the before and after when I have time to look for pics.  The kitchen is much brighter with a fresh new look.  The backsplash was a dark red.

Now I am headed back to the kitchen to finish decorating!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna


11 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty - I like it a lot!
Enjoy your evening.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Very pretty. Enjoy

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna, your backsplash is very nice and I love the decor too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marilyn said...

The tiles look so nice! I need to work on my kitchen as it was done in 1981 when the house was built and it looks like it! But things work, so it may be a while.♥♫

Mama Pea said...

Very nice! Love the tile. My kitchen needs a major overhaul!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your new backsplash. Such cute little bunnies too.

Betty Lou said...

So pretty and fresh looking. Love your dishes and bunnies.

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! Gorgeous backsplash! I know you must be thrilled. Now I love your vignette. I have the same platter and teapot! You little bunnies are having a great time, I can tell.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

retrorevival.biz said...

Ooooh, nice, Donna!

~Cindy

Suzy said...

Gah! I love your bunny dishes! And those cutie patootie salt and pepper shakers - to die for! Your backsplash is pretty amazing too!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL!