Friday, March 30, 2012

More Tiny Town Quilt Blocks

In between trying to do lots of yard work during the day at night I have been working on my Tiny Town quilt blocks.  I posted about them a couple of times before.
It is taking forever to cut out each little piece but I love doing it :)
I just took a few quick pics of several of the blocks together.

I love the bright colors for all the buildings.  The school house with playground is one of my favs.  The pin in the birdhouse block has the side borders pinned to it so I don't lose it.  So many pieces.

Even a red truck pulling away from the gas pump.  Wonder how much the gas cost? LOL

Crooked pic!  The post office is bright and cheery too!
I need to finish one more block and I am ready for the machine applique.  I will applique each block and then sew them together.  So much easier to work on one block at a time.

Now I have to get back to cleaning house.  I had rather sit in my sewing room and sew but that's not going to happen today :(

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Donna



7 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have a lot more patience than I do. :D The quilt will be a real treasure when you finish.
Enjoy your weekend.

Sandy said...

Adorable!

Jen in NY said...

I love how your quilt is coming along, Donna! Applique is so fun. Can't wait to see it all finished too! xo Jen

Marilyn said...

As I was enjoying the pictures I wondered if you would zig-zag around each fabric. Then I saw that you will applique. Now that would take a lot of time and patience! I used to make lots of baby bibs and loved to finish them with a tight stitch. Maybe someday I'll get to making more! Enjoy your time both in and outside. I'm going out to mow with a new lawn mower!! I still have the John Deere for the pasture, but it's been so dry I won't need it yet. Hugs to you!♥♫

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Every time I see this quilt I am completely charmed. I love it! Can't wait to see it all together.

Mama Pea said...

Looks like such a fun quilt. Lots of pieces! Wow! I admire your persistence. I really like this!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my! This is the cutest quilt I have seen in a VERY long time.