Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Wreath

I needed a new Spring wreath for my front door.  I gathered what I had around the house and went to work.  I had purchased the Welcome sign at HL weeks ago. on sale  The purple mesh I bought at a gift shop after Christmas that was going out of business ... it was super cheap.  Gotta love a bargain!

I knew I wanted colored butterflies and for Easter I wanted eggs.  I got the eggs at Dollar Tree and the butterflies at HL.  I love HL!  I will take the eggs out after Easter and I have a bird's nest I will add or maybe two.

I love the colored butterflies and they just say Spring!  All the flowers I had leftover from other projects or I took old wreaths apart.  My porch is covered so my silk flowers last in the weather.

I had fun putting the wreath together and I hope my guests will love it too!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for her Spring Door Decor party.
I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT and 
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday  

18 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Your wreath is so pretty-----it says "Welcome Spring" to all your guests.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty ! Yes - I love HL also :D
Almost went today while out and about, but behaved myself.
Enjoy your evening.

Mama Pea said...

Way to go. It's beautiful! I love how you can just put these things together. I just can't. I love that you'll be able to pull out the eggs and add a bird's nest. So clever!

Marilyn said...

I'd love to walk right up to your door, knock, and go in for a visit. Wouldn't that be fun?!! The purple mesh makes the wreath so bright and colorful. You have such a talent for putting things together!♥♫

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! Now this is a gorgeous wreath! You did a wonderful job. Love all of the sweetness of it.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

donna said...

I just love your sweet Easter wreath. You did a GREAT job.
Hugs,
donna

erin said...

your wreath is so pretty and cheerful and i love that you made it using things on hand! this has been such a gorgeous spring so far...i just hope our summer will not be too hot?
erin
xxoo

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love the colors in your wreath.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, I love this and the fact that you used a lot of things you had on hand. Your style of decorating is very different from mine, and I think that's why I love yours so much. Everything is girly and fun with a touch of elegance. You do inspire me.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love it and just pinned it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my, take a bow!

You've put a "spring" in my step with your creative loveliness.

Have a blessed day!

Claire said...

What a beauty -so festive-following you from Southern Hospitality-stop over for a visit!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh this is so pretty! I used butterflies in my tablescape this week.....they do herald Spring!

My Vintage Studio said...

Your spring wreath is beautiful. Great idea for replacing the eggs with bird nests.

Your Easter decorations in your are so cute.

Thank you for visiting my blog!
XO Sharon

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your wreath, Donna. I had intentions to make an Easter wreath this year. But I think it's not happening. I have a old wreath with pink flowers on my front door, and it's falling apart.

Jen in NY said...

You make the prettiest wreaths, Donna! I'm so impressed. This one is so nice and springy. Love it! xo Jen

Atelier de Charo said...

What a beautiful wreath, love the colors! Great work!

Hugs
Charo

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGosh, Donna, this wreath is GORGEOUS! Nothing like a beautiful wreath to greet you at the door ~ love!

~Cindy