Monday, April 23, 2012

$4 Egg Topiary

 I was in TJMaxx last week and spotted this egg topiary in the clearance section.  Now you know I love my roosters and thought this would be great displayed with them.
For now I placed it on the dining room table with a white rooster/hen?  This is not where it will stay.
Actually I don't think this rooster could have laid these eggs. LOL

It was regularly $14.99 but as you can see I got it for $4.00!

Love the newspaper covered base.

Notice the "feathers" with the straw for fillers around the covered  and speckled eggs.

I could never have made this topiary for $4 plus my time.  My extra time has been limited lately.
I have been planting my veggie garden and flowers.  The weather has turned much cooler here and I hope it doesn't frost tonight!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT.


14 comments:

Diann said...

Oh I love the tree! How cute and what a great price! Visiting from NTT

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How cute and I love the price!
Have a great week.

Diann said...

Following you back Donna! :)

Mama Pea said...

It's so cute! You make everything look so beautiful. If I brought that home, it would look silly. But you just know how to put it together nicely.

Susan said...

Donna, I love the topiary! You got a great bargain! You are right you could not have made it for that price! It looks great with the rooster!

Marilyn said...

Very cute!! We must have your heat-it was 89 today! 17 more days of school--I am having a hard time this year with the end of the year not coming fast enough!! Maybe just one more year and I'll retire.♥♫

donna said...

What a great find. I just love it when I can find bargins like that.
Hugs
donna

Betty Lou said...

You never know what you may find on the clearance table, looks perfect with your rooster.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Awesome deal you got there...it's just so darn cute my friend...I would have put it in mu buggy too!! Good luck with the frost.

Blessings,
Linda

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

sooooooooooo pretty and what a great deal you got.. wow.. congrats~!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love it! And fir $4.00 I really love it! So adorable though with your rooster! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shelia said...

Score! Oh, what a great bargain you got on this darling tree! I just love it.
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, $4...Sold! It is so cute, I think those stores copy bloggers! And it has a place to sit, right by your rooster!

Carol

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Booooooock! That's cute! (The first statement is chicken talk for what sylish topiary you've got there and at such a reasonable price!)