Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jennifer's Guest Bedroom

My daughter Jennifer recently updated her guest bedroom.  I think she did a lovely job!  She kept a few things  ..like the wicker side tables she had and a chest at the end of the bed that was her husband's.  The rest is new.  She has pictures to hang but most of the room is completed.  I love the shabby chic look!  She chose natural colors.  The pics don't really pick up the true colors but you get an idea.
She chose a high headboard in linen.  The soft white comforter and two of the shams for the bed came from Anthropology.  I adore this set.  The throw at the end of the bed she found at Pottery Barn and it is so soft!

Love the lamps too!  They came from Hobby Lobby and were the first things she bought for the makeover.  There's my little furbabies pic on the table :)  Kitty originally belonged to Jennifer for a couple of weeks.

The bedskirt and Euro shams came from Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Pillows she found at Homegoods.  She is so lucky there is a Homegoods in her neighborhood!

I love the texture of the pillows and all the ruffles.

Notice the little pearl trim on the ruffle of the lampshade ... so girly!

Here's a closeup of the comforter with all the ruffles and tufting.  I wish I had this in my house!

The adjoining bathroom vanity with the birdhouse and galvanized bucket of flowers.  She is going to tie a strip of burlap around the bucket.

 She purchased the coordinating shower curtain also from Anthropology with the gorgeous ruffles.  She found the perfect bathmat at Bed, Bath and Beyond..  It all went together so well.
I tell her she is becoming more like her mother every day!  The funny thing is I think she finally realizes it :)  I am not at all organized like she is :(  Sad thing!

She and I went flower shopping in B'ham today and bought some gorgeous flowers.  I hope to plant mine this weekend.  I am gradually getting over my fall on Sunday and my husband is doing great after his shoulder surgery also ... he saw the Dr. today.  Thank for all your sweet comments.

I have other pics of Jennifer's house I will share with you later.
Gotta go walk the dog!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna


12 comments:

Bianca said...

Very Nice indeed! She has great taste. So beautiful coordinated colours. Very stylish.
I'm getting a sudden urge to take out my colourswatches and see what I can paint....
Give her my compliments.
Bianca

Betty Lou said...

Jennifer certainly inherited her mother's decorating genes. A great look.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Jennifer did a great job on the guest room! You taught her well. :D
Glad to hear your husband is doing well and healing like he should.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Jennifer's bedroom is gorgeous Donna! I LOVE all the textures and those lamps! So cute!! I didn't know you had fallen and had to go find the post and read it. I am so sorry...so fortunate you didn't break anything! Take it easy! Hope your husband is getting better every day!

We are going to have to plan a get together and shopping trip in B'ham one day! We will fight over the same things! lol

Have a great weekend!

Lou Cinda

Linda said...

So pretty!!! Very clean and feminine. I love that look!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love it! It is beautiful! Love the bird house in the bathroom too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a beautiful guestroom sure to be a wonderfully comfortable spot for weary travelers. So sweet and soothing.

donna said...

I am love with Jennifer's room. I love the rufflie comforter. So cute and girly.
Oh my gosh I am so sorry you fell. But so glad you are feeling better.
Hugs
donna

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Yes, she certainly is a chip of the old block. This is magazine-worthy decorating!

Atelier de Charo said...

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!

Big Hugs
Charo

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Hmmm....I think the room needs an apple green lamp with a houndstooth shade. Just kidding!

What a peaceful and relaxing room. She better be careful - her guests may never want to leave. LOL

Mama Pea said...

I love what she's done. All those ruffles do add great texture to the single color scheme. Nice. She has talent! Can she come do my house next?