Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Random Post ...

We had a wonderful Easter.  The weather was gorgeous. Jennifer and her husband Jeremy joined us for lunch after church. We had a delicious meal.  I definitely ate too much... especially chocolate!  .

My gorgeous daughter Jennifer.  She is a blessing to us :)  

Jennifer and Jeremy ... they will soon be married two years in June ... my how time flies!  I remember all the posts about their wedding.
  
You can see how wonderful my roses are blooming in the backdrop of the pic above.  I have 12 knockout roses blooming in this area of the yard and they are gorgeous!

I bought this white chocolate bunny from a lady nearby that bakes and makes all kinds of sweets for each season.  The little bunny opens like a box and is filled with pastel M&M's ... adorable!  Sadly I have eaten her ears!

My snowball bush is blooming and it is full of gorgeous white blooms!

I have several flowers to plant but they say we may have a frost on Wednesday night.  I am not planting until maybe Friday when it warms back up.  They call this blackberry winter here in Alabama.  It should be the last cold snap of Spring!  I love the gorgeous days we have had.

My husband has been taking so much of my time since his shoulder surgery last week.  PT appts., Dr. appts, etc.  He can't drive yet and it IS DRIVING HIM CRAZY that I have to take him everywhere :)  I miss his help with everything around the house too!
Actually I fell while Jennifer and Jeremy were here.  We were in the back yard and I was walking Honey (our dog) and I tripped on a root from a tree.  I hit the ground so hard (I think I had dirt in my nose :))  Needless to say I was so lucky I didn't break anything but I am SO SORE!    It would have been bad if I had broken my arm and had a sling like hubbies :)  I am okay like I said JUST SORE!
I guess I am a bit of a klutz but I have never fallen like that before!  I ache all over!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

9 comments:

Bianca said...

Lift Your Feet!!! I fall down so often, that's the first thing I say to myself when I'm down on the ground. Again. I know it hurts very much but a warm bath helps, really. (and if nothing helps, a stiff drink will....;-)))
What a handsome pair, your daughter and her hubby. And I'm astound at all those flowers!! Beautiful, specially the rose, love roses. Over here the trees are just beginning to get their leaves!! And my roses will not bloom untill may or june....
Please be carefull and lift your feet!
'till next time.
Hug, Bianca

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great looking couple. Your flowers are so pretty - I never had much luck with roses.
Sorry about the fall. :( Get some rest.

Creations By Cindy said...

She is beautiful! And he is a cutie too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Aunt 'Reen said...

Sorry to hear of your fall! I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery from surgery too!
Your daughter and SIL look beautiful against those lovely roses! Such pretty plantings you have.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your daughter is beautiful and they are a good looking couple.
Your flowers are beautiful too.
Sorry about your fall and wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

Marilyn said...

Falling isn't fun, but your guardian angel was watching over you so you didn't break anything. We are blessed to have our daughters and their husbands come home for holidays! And your roses!!! Mine still need to be pruned way back from the winter kill. They have tiny leaf buds ready to grow and open. Spring break was not nice here-cold, windy, a bit of snow/rain, and more wind. So very little got accomplished outside so I spent most of the time inside NOT reading so as to get cleaning done. I'd rather read than clean.♥♫

Mama Pea said...

Your daughter is so beautiful! I wish I had her looks. I love that chocolate bunny. It would be hard to eat it! ;-) My dad as at PT this morning for his shoulder. He can drive now, but we sure can relate!

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, your daughter is stuningly beautiful! Happy to hear you had a lovely Easter:)

~Cindy

Linda said...

Jennifer is gorgeous!!! She could be a model. AND she looks just like you!!