Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Setting the Easter Table

I worked on setting my dining room table this past weekend for Easter.  I love the colors of Easter although they don't coordinate with my home.  My house is decorated in earthy tones.

Who doesn't love a chocolate bunny?  It's not real  ... just looks like chocolate.  Good thing it isn't real or I would have eaten it :)

The large off white pitcher was my grandmother's.

Pastel eggs at the base of the pitcher on a lettuce platter.

Another one of those lucky little bunnies with a flower covered egg.

Faux eggs in a milkglass dish.

I have more to do with my table ... see if I have some placemats that match.   I may leave it as it is.  I really don't stress about the small things in life anymore.

It's the little things in life that make me happy like seeing this bunnies sweet face.  It is a teapot I've had for years that Amber and Jennifer gave me.  Sweet memories :)

I haven't been around to visit many blogs the last few days but I am making my way.  My husband had shoulder surgery on Monday and he is doing well.  He is a huge help around the house and I miss him helping me!  He begins physical therapy today and can't lift anything heavy for weeks.  Months to regain full use of his arm!  I miss his help already but I won't tell him just yet :)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

14 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
My goodness...those brown bunnies do look like chocolate!!! Your tablescape is very charming and ready for a wonderful Easter lunch with your love ones. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Blessings,
Linda

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Here's to a quick recovery! Your table looks lovely, but the memories make it extra special. Happy Easter!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

So glad that Royce came through OK!!
I know you do miss all that
good help :)
The Easter table looks beautiful on your blog! Matches everything so well!!
xo, misha

Creations By Cindy said...

Your Easter table is lovely. Love the chocolate bunny!!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marilyn said...

I helped my mom get her table ready for Easter dinner--we just put in the leaves and put on the tablecloth! Yours is so much prettier with all the pastels that I love. May you have a blessed Easter day.♥♫

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty - definitely says Easter and Spring. I also have a faux chocolate bunny - faux being a good thing. :D Hope your husband has a fast recovery.
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.

Rhonda said...

Thanks for coming over today.
WUSLU has some great buys and such cute things. I am excited about the wings. If you do order them I would love to see where you use them.
Amber's story touched my heart. I can't imagine the pain in your hearts, but oh how wonderful to know that you will be together again.
And, I love your Easter table.
Rhonda

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Thanks for sharing your table ideas. I came over to your blog hoping to pick up some for my table.

I hope you and your husband get through this healing time quickly.

Happy Easter, friend!

Suzy said...

Such a lovely table, Donna! I especially love the flower arrangement in the pitcher surrounded by Easter eggs. Glad to hear that your husband is doing well after his surgery.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a pretty table you have set. Hope your hubby heals quickly.
Happy Easter to you~

Bianca said...

Hi Donna,
Just a little note to wish you and your hubby a good Easter Weekend. Hope your husband wil recover soon and well. Pamper him with lots of chocolate and other goodies.
Big hug, Bianca

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I just love the pastel colors!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Miriam said...

Beautiful table setting.

I hope your DH is feeling much better and he makes a swift recovery.

All the best for him with his physical therapy.

Thelma said...

Great Easter decorations, as usual! Hope your husband is doing as well as can be expected!