Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Magnolias and Lilies

If you live in the South you see magnolia trees everywhere.  I don't know if it was the mild winter but the trees seem to have so many more blooms this year.  I know mine has never had so many blooms.
This bloom is on a lower branch and I had a great view of it.  The fragrance from the blooms are heavenly.  I brought one bloom in the house and it smells so good!
My lilies are blooming as well and all colors of them.  I had intended to take pics yesterday but we had much needed rain. 

I have been planting and digging in my backyard.  I don't know what it is about digging in the dirt but it just seems to make me feel better!

Well gotta go.  I took my laptop in for a minor repair this morning and I am on my hubby's and I keep hitting the wrong keys!  I don't won't to lose the post before I hit publish  :)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Bianca said...

Great tip; come over here and dig in our dirt... It will make us feel both feel better!!!
Haha, no, just not a fan of gardening, but a big fan of flowers and stuff.... Wish they could do it without me...
Enjoy them, take a sniff.... hmmmm..... nice.....

Bianca

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The magnolia blooms are so pretty. My neighbor has a tree in her courtyard, but the blooms are up to high to reach. I need to do some serious digging - I have a major case of weeds popping up. :(
Enjoy your evening.

Susan said...

Donna the Magnolia's here are in full bloom. I don't have a magnolia tree, I had one at the old house. I miss it.
By the way, we have these stupid Kudso bugs, they ate the leaves off my sunflowers. I have planted them three times already, I am about ready to cry.

Marilyn said...

Glad you are sharing the beautiful magnolia--I don't think they will grow here at all. I've seen people decorate with the leaves, too, for the Christmas season.♥♫

Mama Pea said...

I am still wearing wool socks here! Seriously! Was going to plant some things today but decided to wait a couple of days. It's still supposed to be down near the 30s tonight. can you believe that?????

Betty Lou said...

Your flowers are so beautiful I planted some flowers in the front yesterday and had another episode of heat exhaustion. I have been plagued all my life with this, so I guess no more sun for me. I just read Amber's page, such a beautiful tribute to your lovely daughter. Hugs

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh I love the magnolias! I have a magnolia tree in my back yard...actually it is way to the side of my yard because I really never thought it would make it! It is so pretty though. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love southern magnolia's! Your blossoms are beautiful! Sure wish I was there to smell them. Love your lilies too! Yes, something about digging in the dirt that is so revitalizing. I hope your computer repair is something very minor!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Love magnolias!!! Our tree is not as far along as yours, but I am waiting..impatiently! Our Lilies are just beginning to open. Yours look beautiful :)
Have fun digging, but don't do too much!
xo, misha

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I have noticed the same thing about the magnolias this year too. Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day on Sunday.

Blessings,
Linda

raisingahappyfamily-momof8 said...

the flowers are just so gorgeous, and so perffect....how could anyone doubt?!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
I love to spend time in my yard and garden too...very much!