Friday, May 25, 2012

Meet Blue Eyes

Meet Sinatra ... 
This little fur baby has kept me hopping this past week.  He is the newest member of our household.  Sinatra  is going to join the "girls" in the house.  Right now he has his own room until he gets well and has those front claws taken care of!  I have several scratches on me from medicating him ... little stinker :)  He would have an unfair advantage over the "girls" in the house with those claws.  He needs to regain his energy and doesn't need to be too active.

Last summer he appeared from beneath our deck steps.  He was a tiny little thing and adorable.  Of course I instantly fell in love with him.  I begged my husband to let me bring him in the house but he kept telling me we didn't need another cat in the house.  We have two "girls" that are so funny!  (Hubby was never a cat person until we had one)  
It wasn't long before Sinatra had won my hubby's heart .. in fact he named him Sinatra.  
We had him neutered when he was old enough and to keep him safe at night I would keep him on our screen porch.

Last week I noticed he wasn't very playful and didn't have the energy he normally had.  On Thursday morning I knew when we let him out for the day something was wrong. We immediately took him to the vet.  He was tested and was severely anemic.  He was a very sick little fellow.  He needed a blood transfusion.  Once he was treated, given meds and stayed overnight at the vet's office he is on the mend.  He is getting all his energy back!  

And he is now a full time house cat!  Yep ...my husband gave in and has helped me take really good care of  our newest fur baby :) 


I love my pets and how can I not with those eyes?  We are keeping him in our only room that is a "formal" room with all my "pretties" and he hasn't bothered a thing ... so far.  I even covered my white chairs with old sheets.   Hopefully soon he can roam the house and meet his sisters.
Now I am off to give some more meds and give a belly rub :)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

Linda said...

So sweet!!!!! I LOVE him!!! Sinatra is such a great name. You and your husband are wonderful for giving him a home. I hope he gets well soon! :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

He is a pretty cat - glad he doing much better.
Have a great weekend.

Bianca said...

What a pretty boy!! How can you not love a blue-eyed sweetie like that?!
Hope he feels better soon.
Belly rubs help very good with getting better, at least, that's what my boys always tell me....

Have a good weekend!

Marilyn said...

The first picture is priceless! I still have Wally's blue-eyed cat that Sarah "rescued" from my mom's entertaining me. She's just a farm cat with her unusual eyes. Hope Sinatra is improving health wise! Looks like he has some cat-atude.♥♫

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I remember Sinatra!!! He looks like my Maverick, the Siamese! Is he a "talker"? Most Siamese are and Maverick never shut up! But, I love it!!!
Thank you for sharing him. maybe once a week you could have a feline post and keep us posted on their antics!!
Love to you, Donna!
xo, misha

Mama Pea said...

He is adorable. I love looking at Siamese cats, but I'm really afraid of them. My grandma had them and one scratched me right across the face when I was young. I have been terrified of Siamese cats ever since! Glad you have some good cheer going on right now. He definitely has some personality.

Rebecca said...

Oh sweets...so happy your cat is better! LOVE HIS NAME! LOVE HIS NAME!

xoRebecca

CatHerder said...

omg he is STUNNING. I have a herd myself..and i can honestly say the Siamese guys always have the best purrsonalities! Congrats on your addition!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sinatra is a handsome cat, and he does sort of look like Old Blue Eyes himself. I'm glad you were there for him.

Jen in NY said...

You are such a good person, Donna. I love that you take such good care of animals! Sinatra is a GREAT name, and he is a beautiful cat! He picked the right porch to live under. :-) xo Jen