Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Packing My Suitcase

No I am not going on vacation ... yet!  I am packing my bright pink suitcase with fabric :)
My grandparents and aunt gave me this pink suitcase 35 years ago when I was married.  It is in perfect shape and I still love it!

I found it the other day while chasing one of my kitties out of our walkin closet.  I had placed it behind a lower rack of clothes and had forgotten all about it.  I was tickled "pink" when I found it and knew exactly what I would do with it.

The inside is lined in all pink too with polka dots.
Perfect storage for fat quarters, charm packs and jelly rolls for quilting.

All the pouches can be used for anything sewing.  The red and pink fabrics in this pouch I used to make the curtains in my sewing room.  I told you it was a "happy" room and the suitcase is a perfect decor piece with lots of memories!

Now I am off to finish packing my suitcase and find the floor in my sewing room!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Hugs,
Donna

14 comments:

Marilyn said...

When you find your floor, could you teach me how you did it? I could use a really good lesson!! This summer is my summer to get things done at home! It might start as early as Friday, if I get my room cleaned in the next 2 days! One more day of students...♥♫

Susan said...

Donna, I love the suitcase. It will take some time for me to see the floor in my craft room. Its right now piled with my creations and florals and just bits and pieces.

Linda said...

What a treasure to find, Donna!!! Looks perfect with all that gorgeous fabric in it!!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

This is just to CUTE Donna!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A real treasure to find , and I like what you did with it. I remember getting some blue luggage when I graduated and went to college - who knows what happened to it down the road. I need to find some floor space here. :-D
Enjoy your evening.

Shug said...

How neat! How special for you to have kept it all these years...
great idea for organizing fabric!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, wow! It's beautiful! And what a great place to keep fabric! I totally love the color!

Miriam said...

Love the pink and the polka dot lining is very cute! A perfect place to keep your fabric>

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Donna, I love your suitcases! What an awesome idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Thelma said...

What a clever girl you are, I just love this idea! Regretfully I don't own an adorable suitcase, let alone one from a beloved family member. All the folks who have tossed old suitcases in the trash must be kicking themselves now!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

This is such a cute idea. Love the suitcase :-)

donna said...

Love your suitcase. The pink polka dots are so perfect.
Hugs
donna

Bernideen said...

I made a very heavy cape on a machine just like that back in the l970's. Those are wonderful! What a fun blog!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

How clever. This is so pretty.