Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pink Milk Glass

I love milk glass but when I saw pink milk glass I adored it.   It is actually called Jeanette Glass.  It is very pale pink with gorgeous details.   I picked roses to display in the footed dish.h, goblet, cookie jar, candlesticks, bowls, compotes, vases, puff arette
These two pieces were my aunt's.  They had been stored for years. I didn't know what was in the boxes when my aunt gave them to me.  Once I saw the contents I was so thrilled that it was Jeanette Glass.

The compote dish has a wnderful bead design around the edge.  I added a few rose petals and water.
This Shell Pink design was introduced in 1958 and discontinued in 1959.  These pieces were created around the time I was born in 1959!  They are old :)

This is the scallop design around the  top edge of the footed dish.  I took the flowers out for a second to show the delicate border. 

I have seen very few Jeanette Glass pieces in antique shops/booths I have visited.  About a year ago I spotted a footed cake stand but it was too pricey for my budget.

I will just cherish these two pieces I have and wonder what my aunt used them for ... did she put flowers in the footed dish or soaps in the compote...

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

13 comments:

Michele Smith said...

So very pretty. Have a great day!Michele

Susan said...

They are lovely! I'd never heard of the pink!
The roses are gorgeous.

Betty Lou said...

How pretty, I have never seen pink milk glass. I have quite a bit of the white Fenton and Westmoreland. Cindy over at Retro Revival posted last week about using her milk glass for everyday purposes, such a good idea.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty = thanks for sharing. I have seen the pink before, but not often.Beautiful roses.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Donna,

Love pink. I love all that "vintage stuff" and if the price is realistic, I bring it home and I do use around the house. Thanks for sharing yours which you displayed beautifully with the roses.

Carol

Creations By Cindy said...

ooh Donna I love the dishes! So elegant looking with your roses too~ And......1959 kiddos aren't old...girl we are just seasoned! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Ahhhh...how pretty!! This is a new one to me...never seen it, but oh how I love it.

Blesings,
Linda

Marilyn said...

As my aunt used to say, "If it's pink, it's pretty!" And, I'm more vintage than you-ha!♥♫

Jen in NY said...

Wow those are super pretty. I had never seen pink milk glass before. I love how you are using them, what a great idea to float rose petals. xo Jen

Rebecca said...

I love love love Jeanette Glass. I only have ONE PIECE! Bah! You are right...it's pricey!

Love it when you come to see me!

Love, R

Bianca said...

Lovely! I think my grandma had something like that too.
Has a vintage-feel to it. And the roses give it a warm homely touch.
Love it.
Hug, Bianca

Mama Pea said...

Very pretty. I don't think I've ever seen pink. It's so special to have it in your family. The roses seem just right in it!

A tale from toadstool house said...

I've never seen pink milk glass before,its so beautifulxxx