Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Tea Quilt Quilted!

I got my Sweet Tea quilt back from the quilter yesterday and I love it!  
Sorry I couldn't get the entire quilt in the pic.

Little swirls quilted all around the border.  Piecing the ribbon border took so much time to make it fit perfectly.  I just told the quilter to do whatever but make it pretty!

This my favorite teapot that was paper pieced.  Notice all the little teacups with the ribbon border around the edge.

Leaves quilted  with lots of  "scrollies".

This is the backing of the quilt.  I used a fabric from Miss Rosie that coordinated so well with the quilt.  There is plenty to make the binding also.
So now I will make the binding, stitch it on, add buttons and the "tea bag" that goes on one of the blocks.
Shouldn't take me too long to get it done.  When I complete it I will hang it and get better pics!

It's raining here today so it is a great time to get to work on my binding!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

16 comments:

Bianca said...

What a sweet and lovely quilt!! Did you designed it yourself? LOVE it!
So we will be working on the binding together today, 'cause I'm finishing that babyquilt. Here it's raining too, so a great day to sew and drink tea.

Marilyn said...

Your work and the stitching of the quilter is fabulous!! That must have taken hours...it would have taken me YEARS!! And still wouldn't be finished. Enjoy being inside--I was out potting plants after school yesterday and came in feeling so good. I need my dirt therapy!!♥♫

Betty Lou said...

What a darling quilt, I love it, and the quilter did a marvelous job. I love teapots.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty!You have put a lot of work in it with great results. You have a lot more patience than I do.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh it is so pretty Donna! I love it!!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Cotton Blossom said...

It's beautiful. Can't wait to see the tea bag. You did a great job! Enjoy the rain, we are so dry here.

Thelma said...

Wow, this quilt looks great! You are so close to having it done, you must be so excited!! I'm so happy you stuck with this project, it is just adorable!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

How pretty it is, Donna. I love it.

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, Donna! Your quilt is really beautiful! I especially like the bottom right teapot with the bell flowers:) It's funny, you send your quilts out for quilting and I'd like to send mine out for piecing! I like the quilting part best:)

~Cindy

baquilter said...

What a delightful and charming quilt and I love the teapots and tea cups. Well done!

The quilting is so pretty - just as you requested it be!

Applause, applause!

Lynn said...

Lovely! I especially like the ribbon border and I know how much work they can be.

BeachGypsy said...

Donna the quilt is just GORGEOUS!! I wish it lived at MY HOUSE!! lol
What a beautiful heirloom you have created!
thanks for sharing iwth us!! That is why I Love blogging so much

Jen in NY said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!! Both the piecing and the quilting. I have that same backing fabric, love it. xo Jen

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Donna, I'm stopping by to let you know you are the winner of the 50.00 coupon from FTD! Please email me so I can get the info to you!
sweetsomethingdesign@yahoo.com

Congrats!
Michelle

Linda said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the quilting!! So pretty!!!!

donna said...

Donna your quilt is GORGEOUS!
Hugs
donna