Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Best Friends and Thank You!

Thank you all for leaving me such kind comments on my last post.  I am feeling better this week.  Last was so emotional for me.  Grief just hits out of the blue.  As a mother having lost a child I know I will never get over it but you learn to deal with your loss and  try to live again.  Some days are harder than others.

It did do me good to get away for the weekend with my husband in Atlanta,  We went to several quilt shops I love to visit when I am in Marietta.  We met up with Jennifer and Jeremy to watch the Braves play the Orioles on Friday night at Turner Field.   The Braves won!   It always does me good to see my baby girl although she is 30 years old :)  We all had breakfast together the next morning at the hotel.

This is a new quilt project I just began last night.   The fabric is Bliss by Bonnie and Camille.  I adore these
 gorgeous colors used in this line of fabric.
I only got six blocks made before bed time.  They are quick to cut and sew together.  I still need to square my blocks up. I am enjoying this project!  It is moving very fast!

I am appliqueing my Tiny Town quilt blocks and it take so much time!  I needed to have an extra project to work on that was really easy to sew together.  I needed instant gratification! ;)
So I chose Best Friends by Crazy Old Ladies.  When I bought this pattern I didn't realize the cover quilt is made using  Bliss also.  I had a layer cake of Bliss I had bought at my LQS.  So my quilt top will be about the same as the pattern cover!  I love it!
And the pattern is Best Friends!  My blogging friends are some of my best friends :)

Thank you all for visiting and taking the time to comment :)
HUGS
Donna

9 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful quilt pieces Donna! Wish I was close by and you could teach me how to quilt! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Betty Lou said...

Such a sweet little quilt----you know I am into instant gratification. Your one of my best friends also. Hugs

Marilyn said...

The colors are bright and happy looking! But the pattern doesn't look easy to me.♥♫

Bianca said...

What fun colours (or is it colors?) Jummy fabrics and pattern too.
In the usa you have far more 'happy' fabrics than here I think. Hope to score some good finds when we're there.
You are my first blogging- and american friend and therefore a special one!
Hug, Bianca

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am another one that tries for instant gratification when working on a project.
Enjoy your day.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Grief never goes away..never leaves. It just changes on a day to day basis, over the years. Some days it is fresh and raw and some days it is
"do-able" and some days it is gut-wrenching, roll on the floor screaming and begging God to bring back the person we have lost. No timeline, just a walk through life with a kick in the gut that hurts more on some days and a heart that is slowly healing, but will always have a hole that cannot be filled.
At least this is what it's been like for me. God is what makes it a road that can be walked. I cannot imagine Not having that to turn to!
For those who don't believe? What a incredibly, lonely road to walk.
In all areas of life!
Some days when I don't have anything left to give, I just know
that God's grace is always sufficient. I don't have to have anything else...

I hope this make sense :)
Loving you and keeping you in prayer always, Donna.
xo, misha

Aunt 'Reen said...

I like to keep a quick project on hand when sewing a more involved project too. Each little finish gives me a boost of motivation. lol

What a great pattern you chose! I like those cheerful fabrics of that Bliss line too!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I feel like I have been a bad friend, since I haven't been around much...these three booths are keeping me so busy. Sorry to hear that you have been having a bad time, but so glad to hear that it's getting better. Love the colrs that you are using in the quilt.

Blessings,
Linda

Mama Pea said...

I'm glad you are feeling better about things. I can't imagine it, losing a child. Hugs to you.