Friday, June 8, 2012

Pearls and Lace

I have been looking for something frilly to put on my dressform. Right now I have "her" (she needs a name) in my only formal room of the house.   The room has a Victorian look to it with antiques and family treasures.  I was thinking something with lace but couldn't find what I wanted to put on her. 
I had placed my mother-in-laws pearls around her neck but bless her heart (as we say in the South) she needed some clothes!

When I was cleaning out my closet a couple of weeks ago I found this nightgown in my closet. I had purchased it years ago just for the lace. Of course I never did anything with it and had forgotten about it.  Now I am glad I never cut it up to make pillows or whatever I had in mind. 
She is so happy to have some clothes! 

Now that she has the pearls and lace I have decided she might need a floppy hat with a flower.   I think I have one in a closet somewhere.  I am off to look!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

So darn cute!

A tale from toadstool house said...

Hi Donna,I've just found you! Love the manequin and cant wait to see'her' in the floppy hat and flower,I love the look of your room it looks so romantic.
Have a happy weekend,love juliexx

Marilyn said...

She is looking fine! Maybe she needs a posie or two, especially since you like to be in the yard working on those pretties, too.♥♫

Linda said...

So beautiful!!! Perfect!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pearls and lace - perfect.
Enjoy your weekend.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Donna, She is beautiful and she looks just like the protagonist in the final project for my last college Fiction Writing Course. Her name was Abigale. In the story her husband of 60 years had just past away and she was packing to go live with her granddaughter, when she ran onto an old hat she had given him as a gift, years before and she is flooded with memories...Hence my title for the story "I Can't Throw His Hat Away" (c)1998...but I digress. My point was, that when she finds the hat, she is wearing a white robe trimmed with lace and THAT lace on the nightgown is what made me think of her after so many years!!! Her hubby always told people, "Her name is Abigail, never Abby, always Abigail". By the way, I got the first A+ she had given in three years on that story, along with a suggestion to submit it for publication. *sigh* Maybe one of these days. Big Hugs...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
Your lady is looking very nice in her lacy apparel. The pearls are a sweet touch too. Thank you for stopping by and congratulating me on my magazine feature. I really appreciate it and you! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mama Pea said...

More cleverness. I like the lace! Very pretty.

donna said...

She is gorgeous.
Hugs
donna

Carol at Serendipity said...

Definitely a hat!

Carol

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your fancy lady there! Hugs and blessings, Cindy