Monday, June 4, 2012

Tea Kettle Planter

I bought this old tea kettle and a similar one several years ago at an estate sale for a couple of dollars.  I knew what I use them for when I saw them ...plant flowers in them!  I fill each one every year with impatiens.  Impatiens grow great in our back yard with all the shade.

I placed the tea kettle on the deck as you come onto the screen porch. The fern remained green all winter I suppose from the mild temps.  And of course more impatiens in another planter.  I like to group my flower pots together.

 My screen porch is going to become a  sunroom as soon as my husband is able to tackle the chore ... hopefully soon!

We are getting much needed rain today and the impatiens are loving it!

Thanks for visting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT.

10 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They are pretty grouped together like that. Won't have to water this evening as we got some much needed rain, Storms came thru this morning starting around 4:30.
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment on the necklaces.
Have a great week.

Pam said...

That's such a cute idea. I'm sure I have a tea kettle somewhere around here.

Mama Pea said...

That is so cute! I would never think of that!

Marilyn said...

Great teapot! Nice flowers in the pots--my favorite colors.♥♫

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna, love your old tea kettle and how you have it displayed! I found a blue ceramic tea kettle once at a yard sale for $1 and I cannot tell you how many times I have used it. Matter of fact it sits on my dining room table right now with red, white and blue! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love your tea kettle planter!
Your pots of impatients look so lovely displayed on your porch.

Betty Lou said...

Perfect containers for your impatiens, they look so nice grouped together.

Thelma said...

The only thing blooming outside of my house in a metal daisy with with a lady bug on the leaf that I stuck in the ground by the front door! I just don't plant perennials anymore! All it takes is one week of vacation and they all die, so I just gave up.

We've not had rain in ages in ages, my grass could use a good soaking,

Your flowers are beautiful, I"m so glad you're not my neighbor, you would shame me into planting flowers, but then again, if you were my neighbor, you could water them when I was gone!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh your impatiens are so pretty! I'm going to have to get some soon.

Linda said...

So pretty. Tea kettle makes a wonderful planter!!!