Monday, June 25, 2012

Thrifty Garden Sign

Last Summer I began looking for something large to put on a brick wall on one side of my deck.  It just needed something and I didn't know what.
Later in the Fall I was in Hobby Lobby and I spotted this metal GARDEN sign marked down 80%. It was orginally $35 but was marked down to $7. Now that I could afford! But it was a dark brown and I knew it would not look good with the brick.


So out came the spray paint! 
 I painted it a cream color to coordinate with the trim color of the house.  In a few minutes the sign was perfect for this spot.  It is a large piece and measures over 24 inches.

This is standing in the backyard looking up.  The sign was the perfect touch for this spot.
Next year I will add some taller plants in my planter.  This year I am doing good to keep them watered and alive with this heat we are having.

(So far my impatiens are looking okay with my watering efforts.)

It is so hot here ... in the high 90's.  I hope it is cooler in your area!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT for her weekly party.

11 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Perfect little sign for your wall, looks great. We had our first 100 temp yesterday and is going to continue for the next four days. Summer is here in Texas.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Perfect - and at a great price! I am still trying to stay away from HL these days. :D
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment on my courtyard. The heat and lack of rain has really taken a toll on my plants - last few days really bad.
Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn said...

I love HL clearance prices--and your sign looks great with the light color! I can always go in for ONE thing and come out with a bag full of stuff! I'll take the 90's--it's over 100 here and for the last week or so. I'm melting.♥♫

Susan said...

Donna, we are having the same difficulty with our flowers. It has been really hot here in Myrtle Beach as well.
Your Garden sign looks very pretty hanging on the side of your house!!

Bianca said...

Great sign! Don't you just love it when stuff you like is marked down a lot!! Good find.
Oh how I wished it was a bit warmer here. The summer hasn't arrived here yet. And 'they' say it will take a while before it gets better. it's about 66 degrees F. and it rains almost every day.
Send me some warmth will you??? I'm feeling so much better when it's warm.....
You hang in there, I'll send some rain back, o.k.??

retrorevival.biz said...

What a deal, and it's so gorgeous!

Hope you're having a good summer:)

~Cindy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your visit! I've just been doing some catching up. Love your pretty angel wings -- yes blogging ladies are just the best. It's been delightful the past few days---but we're supposed to "pay for it" starting tomorrow -- supposed to be up oover 100 and stay that way a few days. UGH!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is so 'you'!! Love it, and it's just adorable.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love your garden sign and see here that is in my price range! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie Kay said...

That is adorable. Great idea to spray paint it.

SMiles,

Debbie

Mama Pea said...

That is great. I'm such a bonehead, it never would have occurred to me to paint it! Love it. We have had no rain for almost 2 months. Things are hot and dry right now. Hope you are well.