Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Backyard Hodgepodge

With the weather so warm I normally spend late evenings in my backyard.  It's nothing fancy just a hodepodge of  "stuff".  We have been tearing out our screen porch to put windows in for the sunroom.  The carpenters will be here next week to do the work.  While I was out last evening I took a few pictures.
My wagon I fill every summer with pots of flowers.  My coleus are growing out of control since we had rain ... gonna have to pinch them back!  The caladiums and impatiens are thriving with the humidity. 
I use the wagon in the Fall for pumpkins.  I am about ready for Fall after the hot weather.


A huge pot of mixed flowers with a sunflower stake.  The pot of ivy in the background has been there for years.  There is a really pretty iron base hidden in that madness somewhere.  I should cut it back and find it!

The steps leading up to our deck which attaches to the porch where the "tearing out" is going on.
 Another sunflower stake in a pot. ( I was sitting in a chair petting Honey our dog when I took this pic)  I told you it was a hodgepodge.   There is a little bicycle where the red pot of white impatiens is positioned.  The liriope (monkey grass) is blooming it's little purple blooms.  
We just had a rain shower so now I won't have to water this evening!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs
Donna

19 comments:

Bianca said...

Love your garden. Your own style and not to manicured, if you know what I mean....
Have a good afternoon and evening. Here it's 20.45pm by now, so after some reading I'm going to bed. Hope to get some sleep.
Bye for now,
Hug,
Bianca

Linda said...

Just beautiful!!! Your backyard, flowers, landscape...just gorgeous!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your backyard/garden is very pretty and your flowers have survived the heat and lack of rain better than mine have. I will need to water again this evening. It has been to hot and mosquitoes have been to bad to sit out the in evenings here.
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment on the necklace.
Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn said...

I love your garden! It is a personal space and that's why it is special.

retrorevival.biz said...

Well I'm not a big fan of formal gardens so I think your "hodgepodge" is perfect! It's really pretty and inviting:) Hope all goes well with your porch re-do. Our home (last one too) has a 4-season sun room and we spend a ton of time out in in; I'm sure you'll really enjoy your reno'd space!

~Cindy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

You garden is so pretty. I really like you wagon. Fun to change it up for the seasons.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh your garden is just delightful!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Donna... You flowers are beautiful... I am renting and I can't have a lovely flower garden like yours... You must have a green thumb... We have not had a good rain in over two weeks and everything is drying up... Hugs :)

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Your garden is a delightful splash of color Donna!
I am loving that little wagon and can see it displayed for every season!!
xoCheers,
Lynn

donna said...

Donna your back yard is gorgeous. We are in the process of screening in out back porch. But I keep second guessing about putting glass in instead.
Hugs
donna

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Donna,

Found you on Rebecca's blog... and read about your auto-immune disease. It is certainly soothing to know that I'm not alone in dealing with it.
Had no idea that Rebecca too had years ago her share of this mysterious disease.
Wishing you well and I hope that I will never again get completely paralyzed like in January of 2010.
Love to you,
Mariette

John'aLee said...

OH your place is beautiful Donna! Wanted to make sure you got your package too!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
That wagon filled with blooms is great, but cooler temps and pumkins sound good:)

Blessings,
Linda

Rebecca said...

I'll take your hodgepodge :) any day. I have weeds. Nothin' but weeds. :(

I couldn't help but notice it's almost the third anniversary of your beloved daughter, Amber's, passing. I pray the day is a good one for you as you remember and embrace you deep love for one another.

Don't forget you'll see her again in heaven.

Love, Rebecca

Miriam said...

Love your coleus and impatiens.
Your garden is looking beautiful!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

It may be hodgepodge to you, but I think it's beautiful. Donna, you have such a nice way of decorating.

And I'm with you - bring on the fall!

Pamela said...

What a joyful garden. I love how you showcase God's creation. Your pictures made me smile.

Mama Pea said...

You are as good with flowers as you are with tablescapes! Wow! Almost everything in my yard is dead. We finally got some rain this past week, but it's too late for our lawn. It is long dead. :-(

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I just love your cottage style. That little wagon makes heart go pitter-patter! Vintage love for sure!!!
Love ya, Donna.
xo, misha