Friday, July 6, 2012

Pure Bliss

I hope everyone had a wonderful July4th.  We spent the day with good friends enjoying barbecue and the fixings.
 We finally had rain the last couple of days.  I went outside for a minute and stood in it and it smelled and felt  so good!  Hey it's the little things in life that make me happy :)  Made my flowers happy too!

I have been doing a little sewing while it has been so hot outside.  I've been working on "Best Friends".   I posted about it here.  I do so much machine applique that I had forgotten how quickly a simple quilt top can be sewn together.  I laid out the blocks to think about placement.  (They still need to be trimmed up.)  I will rearrange them numerous times before I get them placed the way I like!  I took them down to my husband's "man room" and laid them out on the carpet so I wouldn't have "help" by the kitties :)
I am going to name the quilt top Pure Bliss.  The fabric is Bliss by Moda.  I placed an order last night for Vintage Modern the "sister" fabric to Bliss.  Love the pinks, reds, greens and blues in this line of fabric.

Well I am off to start rearranging the blocks.  Have a good weekend.

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs
Donna

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Fun fabric and pattern! Our Colorado monsoon is here early this year, so we have a possibility of rain!! My pasture looks like November it is so brown and dry. Enjoy your rain.♥♫

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi there Donna, I love your quilt top, it is going to be wonderful! I am using Vintage Modern and Ruby (which also blends perfectly with Bliss) to make a quick and easy quilt for my Grand daughter who will be 13 Mon. The quilt however will be a Christmas gift. I love these fabric collections because they are perfect for young ladies quilt. Actually, I would love a quilt for myself made out of them, LOL. But I have some delightful Nine Dots by Carrie Nelson that is set aside for ME, ME, ME...*wink*. I'll be watching for a picture of your finished quilt. Big Hugs...

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your quilt is going to be so pretty.
Had a front to come thru with high winds, but only a sprinkle of rain.:(
Guess I will water again in the morning.
Enjoy your weekend and stay cool.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty! Your quilt is going to just be stunning. I love your colors.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I'm not a quilter but my mom and grandma made many quilts. I like the diamond shapes.
Glad to hear you got some rain. A front when through here tonight, the wind changed to the north and the temps and humidity went way down. Still no rain though. It's wonderful to have the windows open.
Have a great weekend.

John'aLee said...

Donna, that is one gorgeous quilt! You do a great job with color placement!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Beautiful, Donna!

We had an outdoor birthday party last night. The rain came just before the fireworks, so that was cancelled. No one minded because the rain cooled things off and was so refreshing. We even sat outside in it just just enjoy.

Rebecca said...

Oh sweets...thank you for visiting me today. I'm still trying to let my hands and arms heal up so I haven't been doing much computer work I'm sad to say.

I love the fabric and pattern. You do such an awesome job with fabric layout and design. I love it...makes my little heart SING!

Love to you~

Rebecca

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

That fabric is too pretty!
We had rain last night..after we went to bed! This week is supposed to cool down to 85! What a relief that we will be!!!
xo, misha

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love everything about this quilt project of yours! The fabrics, colors, pattern.. LOVE it!

Mama Pea said...

Looks great! I have always liked Bliss Fabric. It's my fave color combo. Glad you are getting some sewing time and some rain. We have still had no rain. Everything is drying up and dying. Even the trees are shedding their leaves!

Thelma said...

I LOVE this project! Can that family of fabric make an ugly quilt, I don't think so!

Linda said...

Pure Bliss is right!!!!! What a gorgeous quilt top!!!!