Monday, July 2, 2012

Puttering ...

It is has been so HOT here and still no rain for us ... yet. Hopefully sometime this week we will have rain showers. I am so tired of dragging the hose around my backyard to keep my flowers alive. The plants just need a little rain water! Nothing like good ole rain.
I have mostly been in the house sewing trying to stay cool and breathe.  I wanted to change things up on the table at my front door so I began puttering.  I found the white pitcher for half price at a local antique store recently so I shopped the house and plopped some flowers into it.
I love stacked books so I gathered three generations of Bibles and tied a ribbon around them.  One Bible is my mother's dated 1947.  She was 15 years old when she received the Bible.  The other two are my grandmother's and my great-grandmother's.  There are notes written on the pages probably written during a sermon.  I love the worn edges of the Blbles.

So now to the other end of the table and see what I can come up with around the house to place there.
I am off to putter some more and visit my blogging friends.

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for TTT.

17 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Nice shopping the house! Love that! Love, love, love your new garden sign and the color looks great - really pops against the brick.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty vignette and with lots of memories. Know what you mean about the watering. I am watering, but the plants need rain, and the chances of that is very low here also.
I also am staying in, working on jewelry and trying to stay cool.

Marilyn said...

I'm with you on dragging the hose around. My soil is rather sandy so I must water often. I'm on a well, so unlike the cities, I'm not restricted to night times.

As I write we are getting what Wally used to say was a 6 inch rain. The drops are 6 inches apart! So it's not much, but it cooled down 30 degrees!! It was 106 earlier. Maybe washing some ash and smoke out of the sky.

Have a nice holiday week.♥♫

Susan said...

Donna, your vignette is very pretty! I love that beautiful pitcher. You can never go wrong with daises. I love that you have three generations of Bibles, I imagine you can visualize your family thumbing through them to find scriptures in church and at home.
It has been extremely hot here too!

chateau chic said...

I like your changes on your table. The white pitchers look perfect with your stack of old black Bibles. Always fun to putter when you have to stay inside because of temperatures outside.
I'm happy to be a new follower and hope you'll stop by,
Mary Alice

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the vignette of the Bibles and the white pitcher.

Betty Lou said...

Such a lovely tribute to the women in your family, how special to have all their Bibles.

Betty Lou said...

Such a lovely tribute to the women in your family, how special to have all their Bibles.

Mama Pea said...

We have had no rain either, and I am also tired of lugging the hose around! I love the little pitcher you found, and there you go again making cute tablescapes that I could never do! Nicely done. How cool!

Bianca said...

Rain enough over here.... Getting tired of it....
Good idea; Shall we swap houses?? You live over here for a while and I'll enjoy the warmth over there! My aching body needs some warmth now.
Hope it is still warm when we're there.
Y'all take care now and try to stay cool.
(((hug))) Bianca

Miriam said...

Love the white pitcher. Those flowers look lovely and fresh.

Hope it rains for you soon.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love what you've done here with the Bibles! What a lovely vignette. The daisies are beautiful! Praying that you will get some rain soon. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a beautiful vignette. Love the pitcher and the white flowers are just perfect, so is that wonderful crochet piece. Beautifully done. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

W. Latane Barton said...

lovely vignette and how special that you have three generations of Bibles. That's a true treasure.

Lily said...

love your new garden sign, it is really beautiful!

Lily @ table top freezer

Harshal Nicks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aledia said...

Hello!
I'm your newest follower! :)
What a lovely vignette, I really like your pretty white pitcher. I need to do this with the Bibles that I have of my Great Grandmother and my Father in Law.
Thank You for the inspiration and I hope you have a really wonderful day!

I'm having my very first blog giveaway that will be ending tonight and I would be delighted to have you stop by!

(hugs)
Aledia @ Plum Perfect