Monday, July 23, 2012

Three Years in Heaven ...

It has taken me forever to think of what I wanted to say.  I don't want this to be a sad post.  I just want the memory of Amber to be a celebration of her life.  Several of you have emailed me or left messages in the last few days rememberimg Amber.  Bloggers that I have never met say they think of her when they see a sunflower or the color purple and that makes me happy :)

Amber was an inspiration to so many in her nearly 30 years on this earth.  She loved life.
I can't believe it has been three years since I had a hug or an "I love you" from her sweet voice.  I always wondered how mothers who have buried their children go on with life.  We have to just get up out of bed each morning and put one foot in front of the other.  

The only thing that gets me through the days is knowing that we will see her again one day in Heaven.  I can only imagine the day that we will all be reunited again one day.  To see her walk again!  And I think will she be taller than me?  

This picture was taken on my 50th birthday five months earlier.  She was so happy!

Tomorrow Jennifer and Amber's best friend will be with my husband and I as we release purple balloons and watch them fly up into the clouds.  I know Amber is going to catch each one ...

God Bless
Donna

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hugs and more hugs to you, my sweet friend. Memories do make life easier and the knowledge of heaven softens the tears that fall. What a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all get to heaven. Can you hear the same music I do?♥♫

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh such a precious post. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Such beautiful memories thank you for sharing your sweet heart with us!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
What a beautiful post that you written to honor your Amber. I will be thinking of you tomorrow my friend.

Blessings,
Linda

Bianca said...

Sweet dear Donna, I'm thinking of you, your hubby, your daughter and (adoptive) son still and will be for a while in these difficult days.
Can't give you any solace other than many fellow-bloggers will keep you in our prayers and so will I.
Love, Bianca

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderful way to honor your dear daughter. God bless you and may your memories bring you smiles.

Betty Lou said...

Thinking of you, hugs to all.

donna said...

Donna I think of you often. My heart goes out to you and your family. I send you many hugs.
Hugs
donna

Creations By Cindy said...

Praying for you Donna. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

RoeH said...

What a wonderful post to your daughter. My daughter lost her first child and I know how hard it must be to lose a child. I can imagine the feeling a little because of my granddaughter, but no one can ever feel what a mother does. Hugs.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I can just imagine all the Angels rushing to Amber to let her know purple balloons were floating her way! And in mind, I see Amber skipping across the clouds to reach out and catch each one while wearing purple tennis shoes! As she rocks those babies, the balloons float above her....
Love you, Donna.
xo, misha

LuAnn said...

A big hug to you Donna and to your family. Thinking of you.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, sometimes there aren't words to say at a time like this. I know you will see her one day in Heaven, and I'm glad you believe this as well. Until then, just keep putting one foot in front of the other because each day will bring you one day closer to being together.

jenny said...

Know how you feel, lost my son13 years ago and the memories are so precious. Nipntuckquilting.blogpot.com is my blog where I posted some pictures of quilts I have made out of his t-shirts. Still think and miss my son each day, praying for you.

Linda said...

Wonderful post, Donna. I thought of you so much. I couldn't even leave a comment until cuz I was so emotional. Love and hugs.