Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunshine on a Stem

Everyone needs a little sunshine on a stem!
I think it was last year I purchased the sunflower watering can at HL on sale.  I love the saying on it and it is so fitting for me with the sunflowers :) 
With my sunroom addition coming along I thought what better than to make a sunflower pillow for a chair in the room.
So I got out my fabric and cording and went to work cutting and sewing.

I saw the sunflower graphic on The Graphics Fairy blog site.  I copied the image onto transfer paper and ironed it onto the fabric.  (I reversed the image on the printer.)  I had everything in my stash so the pillow cost me nothing but my time which makes it even better!  I had to search my stash for the cording but eventually found enough to make the pillow.  A person who sews usually has all kind of fabric and such in her stash ... at least I do.  After years of sewing I think I have a little bit of everything in my sewing room :)

Now I have found another image that is the "sister" to this image.  I may have to make another pillow for another chair.  Can you ever have too many pillows?  My husband thinks so :)

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for NTT and Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday.

12 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

It's adorable! Do you know what you could probably sell those pillows for???
Brenda

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love the watering can! I love the pillow! I think a sunflower motif in the sunroom would be beautiful :)

LOL!! J says the same thing about pillows! Our bed is full of them and he just does not get it!
xo, misha

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great job on the pillow!! I usually pick up a sunflower or 2 at the farmers market every Summer, but have not gone this year. Been buying fresh produce at roadside stand and produce market that has local grown when available.
Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn said...

The G. Fairy had the perfect flower for you! Your pillow will look great in you new area.♥♫

Betty Lou said...

Perfect little pillow in you new sun room. I didn't know you could do that with Graphics Fairy, might give it a try. They have such cute art work. Men just don't get the pillow thing!

donna said...

Donna I love your pillow. I never would of thought about transfer paper. Great idea. Can you get transfer paper at HL?
Hugs
donna

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful pillow! I love Sunflowers - this pillow is so cheerful and inviting.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna! It's beautiful! I think it's going to be absolutely charming in your sunroom! And no, you can never have too many pillows! Ever! Did I mention what an amazing job you did?

Mama Pea said...

My husband definitely thinks you can have too many pillows. LOL. I LOVE how this pillow turned out. How awesome!

Deborah said...

This is such a lovely and cheerful pillow. How wonderfully creative! My husband never mentions pillows so I guess I'll need to give him a brownie point! lol

Linda said...

Gorgeous sunflowers. I love how you did the pillow!! It is beautiful!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

I love the watering can AND the pillow. Instant happiness whenever you have sunflowers around!