Friday, August 17, 2012

This and That

I have been busy doing a little of this and that.  We were gone a couple of days last week and I am so behind on everything.  But even if I am at home I never get things accomplished I want to do.  

While I was out weeding flowerbeds I took a pic of my cotton I am growing.  Since I took this pic of the blooms I now have cotton bolls!  I'm growing this for fun and to use in arrangements or maybe a wreath.

And look what else I grew!  A little pumpkin!!  Last year when I took down my Fall decorations I carried my pumpkins to the backyard and plopped them down.  They rotted over the winter and this Spring I had this vine growing in my flowerbed and surprise I grew a pumpkin!  It is a miniature one but it is white and I love it!

I have also been working on my Great Granny quilt blocks.

These are fun to make and it will be a colorful quilt when I get all the blocks made and sewn together.

And finally I won a cookbook from Debbie over at Busy as Can Be.   The cookbook came in the mail yesterday wrapped in a tea towel .. so cute.  Quilters are the best cooks!  I love cookbooks and read them like books.  

And the sunroom addition is slowly coming along.  Extra electrical outlets are being installed today and I think I have decided on the tile floor.  Some people have asked if the room will be heated and cooled and yes it will be.  I want to use the room year round.  I will keep some of my smaller plants in the winter in there instead of the basement or my garage.  

Oh well that was definitely a little this and that!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Donna


11 comments:

Bianca said...

Know exactly what you mean, not everything in my planning gets done, but that's allright.
But...uhm.... quilters are the best cooks???? Not this quilter!! LOL.. I can boil an egg and bake a cake and that's about it....

Love your cotton. Hope to see some when we're over there. Never saw one. Lovely little pumpkin too. You really have a green thumb. Something I lack too.... Oh well, at least I can order pizza like the best of them!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The purple and green is very pretty together. Congratulations on winning the cookbook. About the only thing I have accomplished around the house for a while now is just a dab of this and that. I bet the little white pumpkin was a surprise.

Marilyn said...

Love that wee white pumpkin and the cotton plant. My stuff is going to dry up if I don't get out and water, but after school I am tired and laZy. Have a nice weekend.♥♫

Betty Lou said...

What a cute little white pumpkin-----I remember last year you showed pictures of your front yard decorated for fall-----you had the best on the block!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

aww that little baby pumpkin is so adorable.

I was supposed to paint some furniture this afternoon, but I didnt get it done.

My Vintage Studio said...

Good morning!
Sorry I have been visiting many blogs lately. Life has gotten in the way. :(
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs, Sharon

Judi said...

Hi there!
Is that not the cutest little white pumpkin? It really is...and you are growing cotton? How does one grow cotton? I am not sure you live to be able to do this....

Your quilts are darling too. I have a quilting "itch"...I haven't made one for a while and I may just have to try one with the inspiration I'm finding here. Lovely.

Have a wonderful day....thank you for your sweet comment and visit!
Judi

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your cotton looks wonderful - such pretty blossoms on this plant! That little white pumpkin is just darling! Great Granny blocks too!

Mama Pea said...

Love your cute little white pumpkin. And those granny squares. Sigh. I just love them!

donna said...

You are so clever. We have cotton all around us and I see the blooms but never up close. I love your granny squares. Your fabrics are gorgeous.
Hugs
donna

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe, what a cute pumpkin! Making me want to drag out my fall stuff! Hugs and blessings, Cindy