Friday, September 21, 2012

Colors of Fall

Fall is nearly here and I love it! The cooler temps are wonderful. 
I hopped on Amber's Polaris yesterday and rode to the back of our pasture and this sea of yellow greeted me.  Sometimes I just need to get out and enjoy nature around me.  I never know what I might see roaming the pasture.  I am a country girl at heart.  I don't know if I could ever live in a big city.
 
The wild black-eyed Susan's are in full bloom and so pretty.
 
As I leaned down to take a picture the butterfly caught my eye.  I was determined to get a picture with his wings open! 
 
 He finally opened his wings and I captured it after many tries!  He is the color of Fall also with orange and rust colors..  Don't know why I am calling it a "he" but it looks masculine.  If it was purple or yellow I would call it a "she" :)  Silly I know! 
 
I have been busy decorating the house for Fall and I am planning to buy pumpkins this weekend to put in the yard.  Saturday is the first day of Fall!  Where did the year go?  Time seems to fly by too quickly when you get older.
 
I have been doing a little stitching this week. 
I have been working on a wallhanging.  I love the primitive look of the wagon full of pumpkins.  I don't have the wire hanger for it yet.  It has been ordered.  I will show it again when I get it hung.  It was fun to make with the wonky wheels. 
Perfection is not required with this pattern.  Perfect for me!
 
Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully it is cooler in your area.
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

Sharrieboberry said...

It is a "he"! Note the larger black spots on the bottom two wings. Males have them--females don't! :)

erin said...

such a cute wall hanging, donna! YAY for cooler weather!
happy fall....
erin
xxoo

Creations By Cindy said...

Wish had some of those cooler temps! Your wall hanging adorable and girl I agree with you on the being a country girl at heart! I could not live in the city unless I had no choice! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marilyn said...

If you need to get on a bike (?--What is a polaris?), your pasture must be a lot bigger than mine. My house is on just 2 acres that was an odd corner of a field. Except for the two random plants that were blooming this summer, the whole thing is crunchy brown. I certainly hope the grass grows next spring or the entire thing will be just weeds. I love the wild black-eyed Susan's and that wall hanging is just too cute! Enjoy the weekend.♥♫

Deborah said...

Your photos are spectacular! Our weather is cooling just a bit. Thank goodness!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great pics of the flowers and butterfly. Great job on the wall hanging. Much cooler her also - suppose to be in mid 80's today, but don't think it will make it that high.
Have a great weekend.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the photos of the flowers and butterfly. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is to get out in nature. It really relaxes me.

Mama Pea said...

Black-Eyed Susan's are among my favorite flowers! Ho nice to get out and enjoy.

Bianca said...

SSShhhhhhhh..... NO, not cooler! Warm...'till about 22 of october. Thán it can cool down all you want.
;-D
Lovely wallhanging. Gonna look for something like that - pumpkins and fall thingies - 'cause it will be my reminder of this year's journey in your country.... In autumn, all pumpkin festivals and such. But WARM, please let it be Warm....

donna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful ride in your pasture. Your pictures are just beautiful. Love your fall wall hanging. Wish we could put out pumpkins if I do they will spoil in the heat. The days are still in the 90's during the day here.
Hugs
donna

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Your pics of the flowers and butterfly are just stunning!!! Hope you have a fun first Fall weekend.

Blessings,
Linda

Ellen in Oregon said...

Thanks for sharing your nature pictures - they really capture early fall. I think your wall hanging is great, especially the "wonky wheels". I need to make a wall hanging with similar dimensions as my house has quite a few narrrow walls where a wall hanging like yours would look great. Your sun room is looking beautiful. You have a nack for decorating. I eapecially love your little table with the worn green paint. That table has a lot of character and is a sweet addition to the room. I hope you enjoy your room for many years to come and that it will be a santuary for you.