Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Doughbowl Full of Pumpkins

I am bringing out the pumpkins for Fall.  I love this time of year with all the colors of the season.  The oranges, yellows and browns are gorgeous this time of year.  And it is much cooler here today!
I normally use a large platter for my Fall arrangement on the coffee table.  This year since I have a new little "furbaby" that loves to get into everything I decided to fill my grandmother's dough bowl.  Hopefully they will stay in the bowl :)

I remember my grandmother using the large oval wooden bowl when I was just a little girl.  Sweet memories.  It was my mother's mom who used the bowl.  I love the aged look of it.

I love it filled with the pumpkins and sunflowers sitting on an vintage doily on the table.

Now I am working on the mantle and my table at the front door.  I normally have my house decorated by now.   I am way behind this year!

It actually feels like Fall here today and I love it!  Less humidity makes it so much nicer.

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna




11 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna I too love all the Fall! Just now getting my tablescape going. Finishing up my table runner and napkins today! Love all the pumpkins there! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Deborah said...

Such lovely fall decorations!! It is just a smidgeon cooler here today. Perhaps if I put a few pumpkins out the temperature will be encouraged to drop!

My Life and Quilting on the Cape said...

Hi Donna... Your fall decorations are beautiful... I think there are more people who loves Fall... It is warm during the day and cool at night... Hugs :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your Fall decor is so pretty! Really like the big sunflowers. I did not decorate for Fall last year so felt like I needed to do something this year.Off to attend a meeting I had just as soon forget.
Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn said...

Good luck with that furry baby! Mine gets into and on everything! It is Wally's cat and she never ages...always acts like a cat on crack! I don't actually know what crack is, but I think it would make a cat crazy!! I'm always behind on decorating...so I do two seasons. Christmas and Easter. The rest of the year is just what is stuck up on the mantle, like left overs! ♥♫

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love how you've decorated for Fall! What a wonderful way to use your grandmother's dough bowl! It looks beautiful!

Mama Pea said...

I love the colors of this season, too. I still love how you decorate. It's so cool that you have such neat items/memories to use as part of your decorating.

Bianca said...

Love all the arrangments. I'm still in Summer-mode though... Don't want to think about cold weather and stuff, just want to feel warmth in the US for now. We had not much of summer-warmth over here, so really NEED warmth. LOL
Good luck on keeping everything in its place, with a new inquisitive furry baby........

W. Latane Barton said...

You have some beautiful, colorful decorations for your home. I must get mine out soon.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Donna.
Your fall decorations are so beautiful! I love the colors of fall and the cooler weather!
Hugs, Sharon

LuAnn said...

Your fall decorations are just beautiful. Makes me want to get busy with mine. Your sun room is just gorgeous, too! I would be out there stitching all the time.