Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Decor at the Front Door

 
I love to decorate the table at the front door for the seasons.  I kept the ironstone pitcher I used for the summer table and changed it to sunflowers.  

The long table is to the right of our front door and I have had it for about thirty years.  It has many scratches but they just give it character :)

A vintage doily, leaves, an acorn candle and a creamer filled with flowers was simple to put together around the pitcher.

On one end I placed a pumpkin on a doily covered pedestal and added pumpkins around it.

On the other side I used my Jim Shore pieces.  Mr. Scarecrow is adorable with his basket of crows in front of a sunflower plate.

A closeup of the basket with a Fall scene.  There is so much detail in Jim Shore pieces.

And a sweet little pumpkin tucked in the leaves.

I am decorating the kitchen with sunflowers and pumpkins too.  I will share it with you later this week.  I seem to have more projects going on than I can count!

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna, loving your sunflowers! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Betty Lou said...

So full of autumn goodness, can't wait to get home get some more fall decorations out. yours are such an inspiration.

Mama Pea said...

I love your Jim Shore pieces. I have never seen autumn ones from him. Nice! I'll say it again. I love your decorating! You are so talented!

retrorevival.biz said...

Such a nice way to greet your visitors this fall, Donna:) Doing a bit of fall decorating myself this week, and your sharing inspires me!

~Cindy

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

So very lovely, Donna! I am so glad that Fall is finally here :))
xo, misha

Aunt 'Reen said...

Just love your beautiful Fall decorations!

Marilyn said...

I need to live next door so you could pop over to my house and do some fluffing around here! Your fall decor is just right for my eyes.♥♫

Deborah said...

What lovely fall photos! I am so ready for this change of seasons. :o)

Bianca said...

Eventhough it feels like summer to us here, we get overwhelmed by all the fall decor everywhere. Kind of hoping we can see the colors changing on the trees, guess we will. Love all the pumpkin stuff! Have to take something "autumny" things home for sure!!
Love your arrangments, like always.

Thelma said...

Have you made a sunflower quilt? If ever someone should have a sunflower quilt it is you! There are several great patterns out there.

Your fall decorations look great!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty your fall fluffing is! Love all the pretty elements of autumn.