Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sunroom Update and Thank You

Thank you for the lovely comments and emails on Amber's birthday.  I treasure your friendships.  I am slowly responding to every comment and email.
Two wonderful friends gave us flowers to remember the day. 

Gorgeous sunflowers with purple flowers mixed in the bouquet.


Another beautiful bouquet filled with roses, hydrangeas, lilies, etc. and of course purple.

Lovely! 
 Birthdays and holidays are the most difficult days.  Precious friends make it easier.
______________________________________________
 
We have been busy on the sunroom.  Keeping our minds occupied for sure.
The tile is laid ... thank goodness!  We worked all day on Saturday watching the rain through the windows.  I am loving this room already. 
Today we are adding the trim around the windows. 

Laying the tile was like making a quilt top.  My job was to keep the pattern going the right direction :) 
 
Oops ... hear my husband calling me.  Oh well gotta go and get busy!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna 

15 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Donna, thinking of you. No need to respond to my comments. It's all good. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your sunroom! And what a beautiful view you have outside, with your gorgeous back yard!

Creations By Cindy said...

The flowers are beautiful. How thoughtful. Your sun room is looking good girl! Can't wait to see the finished product! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers.
You are going to enjoy the sunroom so much!

Deborah said...

Your flowers are just beautiful! I LOVE your sunroom. I've always wanted one. It's so open and light.

Shelia said...

Donna, you're in my thouggts and prayers and I wish blessings and happiness to you.
Your sun room is so pretty and I'm thrilled for you.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marilyn said...

Wonderful friends are always so kind! Love that tile floor and the pattern. Wish I could have a sunroom for the fall, winter, and spring. I've had enough of hot sun for this summer, though.♥♫

Betty Lou said...

Great tile pattern, your right, it could be a quilt.

erin said...

oh my...you are sooo lucky to have a sun room! it's lookin good!
erin
xxoo

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I love my screen porch, but I still would LOVE to have a sunroom too!!! Looking forward to seeing how you decorate it.

Blessings,
Linda

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

My thoughts are with you Donna. I know this has been a hard day. It makes our hearts long for Heaven and happy reunions.

W. Latane Barton said...

A sunroom is just the place to while away the hours reflecting and remembering. Fill it, too, with happy times and lots of laughter.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Beautiful room! And what wonderful friends you have to send you flowers. You are surely blessed.

retrorevival.biz said...

Dear Donna, I'm reaching out giving you a hug to help you and your family console your hearts:)

~Cindy

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love Amber.


That sun-room is of my dreams! Gorgeous!!!!!! Cannot wait to see how you decorate it!
Love you.
xo, misha

donna said...

The flowers are beautiful. Love how you sun room is coming along.
Hugs
donna