Monday, October 29, 2012

Randomness

This post is totally random!  I have been busy and time has flown by this past week.  The entire year has come and gone before I realized that it is nearly November.  It will soon be Christmas and I haven't bought a thing!   I've got to get out of this house and get busy shopping.  I did have lunch twice with friends last week.  And I went shopping with one friend but didn't buy anything Christmas related. 
I put together a new Fall wreath for the kitchen door.  I purchased an oval grapevine wreath and used everything else I had on hand to make it.  

The leaves are lovely in our area.  I read in a magazine the other day that Fall is like another Spring with all the colors. Fall is my favorite season of the year.

We are having cooler temps with frost expected this week.  I moved some of my plants inside today that I keep from year to year.   Some I have had for years that I have managed to keep alive.

My cotton I planted this year is popping open finally!  Later this week I am going to make a bouquet :)   I  am going to love my white "flowers".  I will post pics of my arrangement when I put it together.  I think I will make a wreath too.

Peek-a-boo!  I had to show one of the 'furbabies" peeking out of a bag.  Flip (she is a girl) was in a bag playing the other day when I took her picture.  Her name is Flip because she loved to back her little behind into a flip flop on the back porch when she was a tiny little thing.  She managed to make her home inside the house.

I received some lovely gifts from blogging friends that I adore .  It has been so gloomy here it is hard to get good pictures.  Hopefully this week we will have sunshine. 

My thoughts and prayers are with the people along the East coast.  Hurricane Sandy needs to go away!

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

9 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty wreath! What a cute pic of your furbaby. Hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner - time is passing by way to fast.
Have a great week.

Bianca said...

How cute is that Flip. Sounds like our Dirk; he parks himself often in one of our shoes, frontpaws and nose first.... Silly one. And as I write this he is trying to get in a shoppingbag filled with fabrics... Naughty one.
I also took a small cotton-branch with me from Alabama (oeh, naughty me! is illegal!!) Wished we had that here too, looks lovely in a centerpiece or something.

Thanks again for replaying so often on my blog during our vacation. Means very much to me and every day we looked forward to all the respons. You're a dear friend and I'm still sorry that we didn't get the chance to meet. How are you doing?? Hope your back is a bit better now. Hang in there.
Hug, Bianca

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Don't feel alone...I have not done any Christmas shopping too...maybe sometime next week. I got in touch with the Alicia from Eco Friendly about the giveaway winner (YOU) and she wants you to e-mail her at ecomattersnow@gmail.com
Sorry that I am so late...just got home late last night from a week of vacation.


Blessings,
Linda

Mama Pea said...

I haven't done any Christmas shopping either! Ack! I'm feeling the pinch this year. It's so hard because E's birthday is Nov 30. I have to buy Christmas and birthday and Santa all at once and figure out how to divide it up. It kills me. Your wreath is gorgeous. I didn't know you planted cotton. Cool! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I know it will be wonderful!

erin said...

i love the wreath donna! and i am impressed that you grew cotton...i have never tried that, but do love it so...i have had the same cotton branches now for 2 years and they never look bad. my daughter was just here from memphis and said the fields looked like snow from all the cotton plants opening up...i may have to take a little drive to see that! we may get some frost too this week...i am ready.
take care sweety,
erin
xxoo

donna said...

Love your wreath. I know how you feel. This year has gone way too fast. Hard to believe it is already going to be November this week.
Hugs
donna

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Flip is ADORABLE!!!!!! Love that face :)
And you...
xo, misha

W. Latane Barton said...

That Fall wreath is very pretty. And, Flip just reminded me that I need to look for me a kitty. I keep saying I will do it and haven't.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I haven't done as much as usual myself -- sometimes I'm all done by halloween! This year.....not so much. I'm going to try and finish up by November 15th though. We have lot's of company during the week of Thanksgiving and my house really needs attention....badly!