Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Treasured Gift

It is amazing how bloggers meet each other over the miles through the internet. A few years ago I didn't know what a blog was and never dreamed of having one.
 
 Another wonderful blogging friend, Thelma, emailed and told me I should visit this blog she liked to read. Of course I clicked over to the blog she suggested I read and loved it. 
 
Susan whose blog is My Mother's Apron Strings and I instantly connected.  Sadly her daughter Kelly passed away in 2010.  We both know what it is like to lose our precious daughters.
I know Amber and Kelly are friends in Heaven :)
 
Of course if you are a regular reader of my blog you know Amber loved sunflowers.  Susan's daughter loved ladybugs. Susan is a paper artist and made me this sunflower necklace.  This is the pendant on the sterling silver necklace.  Have you ever seen such creativity?  The sunflower is about one inch in diameter.  If you can see it there is a little ladybug in the upper left of the sunflower leaf :)  What patience Susan has and so creative.  This necklace is a treasure to me for sure!  It is a precious gift and made with so much love.
 
Susan is also a wonderful cook and baker!  Her blog has me drooling every time I read a post. I wish I lived next to her to sample all her cooking :) 
 
As I said I would never have dreamed of meeting friends all over the world through blogging.
 Bloggers are the best!  Thank you Susan:)

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Hugs,
Donna

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Perfect for you! The detail is amazing.♥♫

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty and thoughtful gift.

Thelma said...

Quilters are the best, even quilters we meet through our blogs! I'm so happy you and Susan have met!

Susan said...

I feel the blogging world is like "The Adjustment Bureau." The path we're meant to take, sometimes with bumps in the way, but nonetheless, friendships forged as a larger plan unfolds. Like us, our daughters are surely friends and smiling down on our meeting through our blogging. I'm so happy we've met; you give me great strength to continue on, Love you, XOXO

Linda said...

Susan did such a beautiful job! A true artist. A gift to treasure forever...and a friendship! :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
What a beautiful gift:) Just thought I would drop by and let you know that you will be featured at my party on Monday.

Blessings,
Linda

Mama Pea said...

What a beautiful necklace and such a thoughtful gift. Very intricate and detailed. Wow. How cool she "married" the sunflower and ladybug!

retrorevival.biz said...

So thoughtful of Susan! I agree that we're all blessed to know each other! Happy I know you:)

~Cindy

Betty Lou said...

Darling little cupcakes and calorie free. Blogger friends are the best!