Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas in the Kitchen

I love decorating my kitchen for Christmas.  All the green and red makes it cozy and warm.
 
I love my Mark Roberts fairies with their mischievous faces.  This one is a chef.  I wish he would bake me some cookies for Christmas!
 
A cheerful vignette on one side of the kitchen. 
 
A festive snowman cookie jar with his little tumbling buddies. 
 
My recipe for Christmas plate with measuring cups, mixing bowl and small cloches filled with tiny ornaments.
 
Gingerbread mixing bowl filled with various pieces.
 
Mr. CandyCane fairy hanging from the opening between the kitchen and dining room.  He is keeping an eye on the kitchen to see if any baking is going on.
You can see my dining room tree in the background.
 
The top of my dining room tree that is decked with baking themed ornaments.
 
And finally a clear angel ornament hanging over the kitchen table.  She is glistening with the Christmas lights in the background. 
 
Now if I just had some Christmas cookies to eat!
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Everything looks very cheerful. No elves have been baking here, so I can't even offer you a crumb! It was so cold the other night, the battery in Sarah's car died. A friend came over yesterday to put the new one in and offered to put one in my car, too. I've been using Sarah's since our HOT summer as her PT Cruiser had a working air conditioner. And since mine had been sitting all summer and fall, its battery was dead, too. Next week, two new front tires and an oil change for my car. Then The PT (Petunia) will go back to Denver as Alex's car is now out of commission! Sarah and I were both missing Wally as he'd fix it all for us! And I'm sure you are missing your sweet girl, too. Maybe they're singing Christmas songs together. Let's listen for their music this next week. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas.♥♫

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything is so pretty and festive!! Thanks for sharing your Christmas decor with us.
No baking here, but my daughter is doing some at her house - Think we need to go visit her. :-D
Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas Donna!

Beautiful decorating.

Take good care of yourself. I hope your recovery is swift. ((hugs))

erin said...

i'll be making my famous special k bars tomorrow, but that is it...my baking days are over and i dont need the extra calories! your christmas decor is so cute and cozy and i must say your photographs are beautiful! have you a new camera in hand? hope you are healing well after your surgury.
christmas blessings to you and yours!
erin
xxoo

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Your tiny ornaments under cloche's are adorable and a perfect "extra" touch!

Mama Pea said...

I posted a comment from my iPad a while back, but I see it didn't take. Sorry. Your decorations are so beautiful! I always wonder how many boxes of decorations you have to drag out and put away. LOL! Totally worth it! amazing.