Monday, December 10, 2012

My Angel and an Angel Tree

I have the sweetest daughter a mother could ever want.  Jennifer is my angel here on earth.  She lifts me up when I am down.  She knows when my heart is hurting.  She knows my pain when I miss Amber.  She not only lost her precious sister that day three years ago ... she lost her best friend.  They shared everything together.  Jennifer like me and her dad would have climbed the highest mountains to have found a cure for Amber.  It was not meant to be.  God had greater plans for us all.  We may not know the answer now as to why but one day we all will.
 
The other week Jennifer called and said she was on her way to my house and was bringing lunch.  She brought these cute delicious cookies too!   No she didn't bake them ...they came from Edgar's in Birmingham. 
 
And she also brought angel wings!  And lots of them ...
 
Jennifer purchased the angel wing ornaments from Pier One.   I decorated a small tree I had with the angel wings and gold, cream and white ornaments in my stash.
 
The soft sweet angelic wings are perfect for Christmas.  The wings deserved a tree of their own.
 
I also had the white butterfly I clipped on the small tree.  It is perfect with the angelic wings.
I will share the room I have the tree in when I take pics of the large tree in the same room.
 
I told you Jennifer was precious :)  I love her so much!
 
Tomorrow I am having back surgery so I will be away from the computer for a few days.  Please say a prayer for me.
 
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs
Donna

16 comments:

Miriam said...

All the best with your back surgery, Donna. I hope it is a complete success and you make a swift recovery.

Love the angel wings!!

Those biscuits look delicious!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Donna, Your Angle Wing tree is gorgeous!!! I stop in often, but I rarely comment *hanging head in shame*, but I just want you to know that you are always and every in my thoughts and prayers for so many things, including praises that I got to know you through your blog. I will also keep you in prayer for good results with the surgery and quick healing. Tender thoughts and hugs coming your way...
**ps...my beautiful ornament is hanging on my Seth Thomas mantel clock on the piano in my living room. I get so many compliments on it!!! Hugs...

Thelma said...

Those wing ornaments are perfect, what a lovely tree!

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery, you'll be in my thoughts!

Marilyn said...

The new angel wings are so pretty! Glad they have a tree of honor to remind you that both of your daughters will always be special angels. Prayers, as you know, are said. Take care of yourself after surgery and let your body heal. Hugs and many good wishes for you tomorrow.♥♫

Deborah said...

What a lovely daughter you have. The angel wings are just so beautiful.....breathtaking tree! I'm holding all good thoughts for you during this time! Let us know how you are doing when you can.

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

aww a daughter who brings angel wings- that is surely a special child.

take a set of wings with you to your surgery.. prayers from me to you for quick healing and a painfree recovery.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the angel wings - so pretty!! Sending prayers your way for a successful surgery, and will keep you in my prayers and sending healing thoughts your way. ((hugs))

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

What a beautiful tree! My prayers for a safe and successful surgery!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a wonderful daughter Jennifer is to lift you up when you are missing Amber. And so sweet of her to bring you those angel wings. They look lovely on the tree.
Saying a prayer for a successful surgery for you and a speedy recovery.

erin said...

how lovely to have an angel here on earth and one in heaven too...i am so glad you have a whole collection of sweet lil angel wings now! donna, i am sending you hugs and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery... i am sure all will be fine, dear.
erin
xxoo

jasonmichelle stafford said...

I just love those gorgeous wings! An "Amber" tree for sure :)
xo, misha

Mama Pea said...

That is just gorgeous. What a thoughtful and loving person Jennifer is. I have been thinking about you and your back. I wondered when exactly your surgery was. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and holding you in the light. Hugs.

Susan said...

I love visiting my favorite blogs and seeing the creativity that abounds. Love, love the angel wings! XOXO

Linda Primmer said...

Love those angel wings......Healing thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ellen in Oregon said...

The Angle wings tree you & Jennifer made is such a meaningful display of the love your family holds for Amber. It is almost as beautiful as Amber.
I know your life has been difficult since your back pain worsened and I hope this surgery will relieve your pain & allow you to return to the activities you could no longer do comfortably.
I will be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovey.
Have a merry Christmas and hope your New Year brings good health & continued creativity.

Susan said...

Dear Donna, I know exactly how you're feeling and wishing we didn't! I will say a big prayer for the surgery to bring you relief from your back pain. You've had a lot to deal with and deserve some kindness in your life. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and feeling blessed I know you. XOXO