Friday, December 7, 2012

Pampering in a Jar

  Ball jars are used for just about everything these days.  What once was a container for food has become a decorative item and for numerous other things.  I saw an idea on Pinterest and decided to make these as gifts this year for girlfriends.   

 I gathered my Ball jars and shopped for items to use strictly for pampering. What woman this time of year couldn't use a little pampering?  The holidays are so stressful at times with shopping and decorating.
I shopped the travel size section in Wally World for the items I used.   
I began with fuzzy socks and added lotion, body scrub, hand cream, lip balm, foot cream and chocolates.  Whatever you can think of that will fit in the jars. I bought a couple of items that wouldn't fit in the opening.  I should have used the wide mouth jars.   

I first arranged the items around the outside of the jar.  I added the socks in the middle of the jar being careful to keep everything upright.  I poked the Hershey Kisses in between everything.   

I cut circles of scrapbook paper to cover the top of the lids.   I then made a label on the computer also  using my scrapbook paper and punches.  I tied the jars up with fun Christmas ribbon. 
 
These were fun to put together.  I will pop them in a gift bag and use Christmas nail files (that wouldn't fit in the jars) to tie to the ribbon on the bags.
 
I think my girlfriends will like their pampering in a jar.  I know I could use one myself about now!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very sweet!! I have two gifts ready--for Sarah and Alex. Oh, and a calendar with large numbers for my mom. She tells me she doesn't want anything, but...I have a hard time not looking for something I know she'd like and use. The rest? Well, we have one day off--school goes on FOREVER this year!♥♫

Betty Lou said...

Cute idea Donna, what girl wouldn't like to have all the "needs" for pampering.

Thelma said...

Great job, the tags are my favorite part, too cute!

Mama Pea said...

What an awesome idea. I think I'm going to steal this idea from you for my secretaries next year! Love it!

Bianca said...

What a lovely idea! Nice to make your gifts yourself like this. Can I use it for my sisters and mothers?? For the guys I will have to think of something else...

Pamper yourself with some Dutch chocolate... Don't save them up forever, because good chocolate like that will become less good when stored to long....

Miriam said...

What a great idea!!

I am sure they will be well received.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a thoughtful, wonderful gift idea!
Your packaging for these is darling!

W. Latane Barton said...

What a clever idea. Wish someone would give me one of those! I could sure use some pampering!

Deborah said...

I would love to be one of your close by girlfriends! What a wonderful gift!

Susan said...

What a clever idea for ball jars and these gifts are from the heart to friend(s) and family who will love the thought of pampering, XOXO

Shelley said...

What a wonderful idea Donna!! I need a girl gift and this fits the bill :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great idea - Thanks for sharing!

donna said...

Donna that is a GREAT idea. Very clever. What lucky friends. Love your Christmas blog header. What a sweet house.
Hugs
donna