Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Senseless

The tragic event of last Friday in Connecticut has left us all stunned.  Parents dropping off their babies at school not knowing it would be their last time to hear their sweet voices.  So sad and senseless.  I would imagine that the parents had already bought the children's gifts for Christmas morning.  Instead they are burying their children.

I have been at home so much this past week listening to the news and it is such a crazy world we live in. We never know when some crazy person may attack at any place and at any time.  Bless the parents and families of the children and teachers in such a violent act.
 
After my back surgery last week I spent the night in a Birmingham hospital.  A gunman a few nights later shot three people on a floor beneath where I spent the night.  Everyone survived except the gunman.  He was killed in the hospital.
 
All this happening so close to what should be the happiest time of the year.

 
Thank you all for the emails and thoughts this past week concerning my surgery.  The surgery was more extensive than originally thought.  However I am doing well but will have a longer recovery. 
 
I hope to have another post tomorrow of some of my Christmas decor.  I feel so far behind on everything this year!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna

8 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry your surgery was more than you expected. Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. Take care!
I get several calls a day from one of my daughters since the senseless/horrific tragedy as she is concerned leaving my Grand off at school. :(

retrorevival.biz said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a very merry Christmas:)

~Cindy

Aunt 'Reen said...

With all the sadness that occurs in life - I'm grateful for those that bring love and joy into the world by sharing and giving of them selves.
I've enjoyed following your blog and all the lovely posts and beautiful shares you provide us with. THANK YOU for your generosity of heart!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Merry Christmas - Health & Happiness in the New Year!

hugs,
Doreen

Deborah said...

Please rest and take care of yourself. This Christmas I am drawing my friends and family close. That's about all I can manage. Looking forward to a New Year! :o)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Donna, You have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I do hope you have a blessed Christmas and I'm wishing you and praying for an easy recovery. Sending Gentle Hugs...

John'aLee said...

Donna please let me know how your back surgery went. I suffer from chronic back pain as well but have been too scared to ever have the surgery. I will be praying for you lady!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
So glad to hear that everything went okay and hoping that you are back to normal SOON. Wishing you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Blessings,
Linda

Mama Pea said...

The whole thing in Connecticut leaves me speechless. And to think that there was such a close brush for you in that hospital makes me shiver. And that event didn't even make national news. I'm so glad you are safe. I just hope that some day, we will figure out how to best care for people who have such serious mental illness. Hugs.