Friday, January 11, 2013

Getting Back To Normal

This is how I have felt the last few weeks ... lazy and blah. 
(My sweet Flip)
 
Recovering from back surgery has really gotten me "down".  I am accustomed to doing things on my own.  I like to move things when I want without having to wait on my husband to do it for me.  I like being independent.  Packing up Christmas decorations has been a real challenge for me this year.  I like to put things where I want and picking up heavy boxes is out of the question right now.
 
I have had so much pain after surgery due to letting my back go for so long.  I have been on steroids, pain pills, muscle relaxers and a new medication since my doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  I am not a pain pill person... ugh!   I could possibly have nerve damage from the herniated disc that had calcified.  I certainly hope not.  I pray that it will get better and the doctor said it may be months.   I have had it for years and just let it go until I couldn't stand it any longer.  I lifted Amber numerous times a day for years and I would do it again it I could.  Oh how I wish I could!
 
I haven't read blogs or even updated mine!   My laptop died back in the Fall.  (I have been using my husband's laptop while laying around and I don't like it)  I finally got a new one yesterday.  Now I am trying to learn Windows 8.  I am sure I will like it once I learn how to use it but for now it is a pain ... at least for me!
 
I hope to catch up with my blog reading soon and respond to comments.    Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. 
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

16 comments:

Vicky said...

Ouch, back surgery! Been there, done that! I know what you mean by having to wait on folks to help - hate that helpless feeling! Will keep you in my prayers for a successful and uneventful recovery!

Susan said...

Donna, I am so sorry you have been so ill. I will keep you in my prayers my friend!

Deborah said...

I think about you often knowing that you are on a challenging road. I can understand your being down. Giving up one's independence is monumental. You are on the uphill side of the road and your blogging friends are here along the way. It looks like Flip likes hanging out with you! XOXOXO

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Don't try to do to much to soon or you will pay for it later. Take care.

Shelley said...

Hang in there Donna! Make a goal to post at least a few lines everyday. I know long term back pain...it is almost unbearable at times, takes a long time to heal but it will get better. Try to stay positive in your thoughts:) Hugs,

Bianca said...

So good to hear you're getting back online again. I missed you.
Giving up your independence is very difficult. I know all about that.
Have you thought of homeopathic help for the pain?
Don't stay on those meds too long, they can be very addictive.
Hang in there friend, I'm thinking of you often and know your lovely Amber is walking right beside you, holding you up and strong. Having a down-day once in a while is totally normal, isn't it?! Be kind to yourself.
Big Hug,
Bianca

Auntie Em said...

Sending you well wishes that your back recovers quickly.

erin said...

oh honey, i am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time...you will feel better as time goes, i promise...
i am sending prayers and healing vibes your way dear.
erin
xxoo

donna said...

Awww Donna I am so sorry you are in pain. To bad we are not neighbor's I would come and help you. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Hugs
donna

Shelia said...

Oh, Donna! Bless your heart. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this and that you're in pain. I pray your new meds will help you really soon.
Just take care and we'll all be here for you.
Blessings,
Shelia;)

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you still aren't feeling well. I hope the meds help and you are up and around soon. I know it has to get you down, with as energetic as you are.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Donna, I am so sorry you are having so much pain. I'm sending prayers that the new meds will help and that you will have a speedy recovery.

W. Latane Barton said...

Donna, sure hope your back feels better soon. I know that must be so painful and aggreviating. Wishing you well.
Hugs

Aunt 'Reen said...

Hi Donna,
Still keeping you in my prayers for a wonderful recovery! Happy to see you are back online again.
The social interaction is good for fighting that depression caused by your pain.

Big Hugs!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jen in NY said...

Donna, I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping up on my blog reading...I didn't realize you had surgery. Back surgery is no joke, I can imagine your discomfort and depression from not being able to do what you want to do. Give it time, and don't rush anything. ((Gentle hugs)) xo Jen