Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Valentine Wreath

I can't believe that January will soon be over and Valentine's Day will be here.  We don't make a big deal over it .. just another day.  My husband knows I don't need roses ...I had rather have a live plant that will last. 
 
I do decorate a little for Valentines Day.  I wanted to make a wreath so I gathered what I had on hand and went to work. 
I used red and white mesh I had left over from another project. The ribbons I used were in my stash except for the white with red hearts. 
The outer edges of the wreath don't show up well on this door.  I hung it here for pics.  Not exactly sure where I will hang it.  I made another very simple wreath for the front door from mesh also.

A trio of glittered hearts I had in my sewing/craft room.
 You can see the white mesh better in this picture. 
 
The smaller hearts I bought at the dollar store.  A dollar for seven of them.  I just pulled the picks out of them and glued them on the mesh.
I had fun just "playing" with the ribbons!
 
I am trying this year to use what I have in the house without buying anything.  I have so many craft supplies and fabric to last me a lifetime!  I am going to try to finish up many of my projects I have started this year.  I'm hoping I do!
 
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
Donna
 

15 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what a cheerful greeting for your door. Love your perky wreath.

Marilyn said...

This is so sweet! I too have enough stuff to work with for a LONG time! My problem is I just need to get it organized so I can find it! That all starts when school is out in May. I'm ready now, though.♥♫

Deborah said...

Your wreath is beautiful. I'm with you on wanting to use what I have! Your header is lovely. Nothing like a Featherweight and polka dots to make me happy!

Mama Pea said...

Again, quite gorgeous. You are such a whiz. We're staying warm. Hope you guys aren't suffering cold down there!

Susan said...

Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays--mainly because of my grandparents who, together, baked the most delicious sugar cookies for us. This wreath certainly puts a big smile on my face, XOXO

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the wreath - so pretty! I am right there with you about using what you already have.

Miriam said...

Very cheerful!!! :)

I hope your back is healing well.

Take care.

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna I love your wreath! It is pretty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

John'aLee said...

Donna that is delightful!

retrorevival.biz said...

How pretty is this, Donna?! I love it! Like you, I too prefer live plants over roses. Hope you have a great day and that your back continues to heal well:)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Such a sweet wreath you have here...love how you used what you already had on hand.

Blessings,
Linda

LuAnn said...

I love your wreath. I'm right there with you trying to use up what I have hoarded here. I like my quilting and yarn projects, but a lot of times I want to make something else....like your wreath. I would love some of those glitter red hearts...maybe just one trip to the dollar store wouldn't hurt. I love your creative ideas.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You are so darn clever! I love this.

Thelma said...

You have a knack for wreaths, you've made another lovely one, I just love it. I hope you're finally getting back to feeling like yourself again.

Jen in NY said...

Wow that is incredible! You could sell those at craft fairs for a lot of money! :-) xo Jen