Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas at The Inn

When we go to the mountains in Tennessee on vacation we like to stay at this wonderful hotel.  It is decked out for Christmas all year long.   I love Christmas and love staying here.  Every room has Christmas décor.  The rooms we stay in always have a Christmas tree on the entertainment center or the fireplace has lit garland. 
 
 It's the Christmas Inn in Pigeon Forge.  I am not compensated in any way for posting about the Inn.  I just love it!  The people are so friendly.  The bellmen are always to greet you as you enter the gorgeous double doors. 
I have so many pictures from over the years but these are from our last visit.
 
As you enter the Inn this gorgeous mantle that is two stories tall welcomes you. 
 
Glittered magnolias draping over the edge of the mantle.

The main tree in the lobby entrance is always gorgeous! 
 
On the level below there is a huge cuckoo clock that plays Christmas carols every hour during normal hours.   

I was looking straight up when I took this pic to show you how massive the clock is.
 
There's a singing Santa that sings Christmas songs and the children are all invited to gather around and sing also. Milk and cookies are served after.  I remember sitting with both my girls over the years listening to Santa sing.  My daughters were older but everyone joins in.  People visit from all over the US.  So many memories made here :)
 
Another gorgeous tree opposite the huge cuckoo clock. This one had a Toyland theme.  I remember this tree from a previous visit decked in a woodland theme.
  Santa sits in front of this tree to sing.  You can see his nice leather chair in front of the tree. 
 
Each floor of the hotel has a Christmas vignette as you exit the elevators.
Santa with his list :)
 
Each scene is put together with so much attention to detail.

Santa and Mrs. Claus and the sled.

Christmas tree in the main lobby.  I took this pic from the second floor overlook.

Nativity scene above the check-in desk.  I took this pic from the balcony above the desk.

I think this window display is so simple and elegant with the candles among the greenery.

Gorgeous coffee table display.
 
The main lobby again.  I have sat on the sofas many times just taking it all in.  I can't imagine all the work that goes into putting the mantles and vignettes together.  The décor is changed a couple of times a year.

I love the angels holding wreaths on each side of the wreath on the mantle.   I wish I had two of my own.
 
Not only is the inside of the hotel gorgeous the grounds are gorgeous as well.  It's just a fun place to stay.  We hope to take our little granddaughter next year and begin making new memories.
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

10 comments:

Susan said...

What a lovely trip. I was missing my Father Christmases that I have packed away (until the next move) and now I feel like I just got a good dose of Christmas with your blog. What happy memories you'll make with your granddaughter, XOXO

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love all the pictures Donna! So beautiful! We go to the mountains in Feb. and stay in a cabin but I have read about the Inn there! I may have to check that out! I bet they have it beautifully decorated for each season! Looks like you had fun. Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Vicky Hunt said...

What an amazing place! I would love to stay there some day. I love Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. So pretty there. You have much to look forward to with little Maggie Kate...:) Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Hugs, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Thanks for sharing this beautiful place with all of us. That clock is awesome.

Blessings,
Linda

Marilyn said...

Delightful!♥♫

Jeanna said...

Oh Donna, it will be so exciting to start making those special holiday memories with your new granddaughter. The hotel is amazing, love the HUGE mantel clock...

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty place to visit during the holidays. Thanks for sharing your trips there. I know you are looking forward to making memories with your Grand.
Have a great weekend.
Glenda

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow! So beautiful ~ thanks for sharing:)

Camille said...

I've come by for a more thorough visit this morning my friend...and now I am caught up! What a wonderful place to go! If ever we are in Tennessee, we will have to check it out. How fun that this is a place where you make memories! Love it. :)

Janet said...

We just discovered your post about our hotel - thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with your fans! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and our decorations. We update them every year, and I happen to think this year's theme was particularly beautiful - no, I don't have anything to do with it, I just talk about it after the pros are done!

Thanks again for sharing your stay with your friends!

~Janet Donaldson, Christmas Place Properties