Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas in the Kitchen

I love decorating my kitchen for Christmas.  The reds and greens of the season are so cheerful.  Here are just a few vignettes in my kitchen this year.
 
I have so many Christmas plates I have to choose which ones to display.  Joy to the World is displayed in this setting.  The Mary Engelbreit pitcher is displayed all year long filled with kitchen utensils.

An old aluminum cup is filled with greenery and tiny ornaments from CB several years ago.  I love this little cup.
 
I change my spatulas for each season.  I have more Christmas ones than any other holiday.  I don't use them but love to look at them.
 
On the opposite side of the kitchen I have a "baking" center set up.  My gingerbread mixing bowl is filled with greens, pinecones, wooden spoons, etc.  I filled the cloches with red, gold and green tiny ornaments.  The measuring cups say Ho Ho Ho.   Everything really sparkles with the under counter lighting
 
I love the Recipe for a Merry Christmas.  I wish this was all year long.
 
On my kitchen hutch I have a bowl filled with antique utensils, cookies cutters and greenery.
 
A kitchen must have a cookie jar for Christmas.  In fact I have several.  I love this snowman one! 
 
And finally my dining room tree that connects to the kitchen.  It has all types of cooking and baking ornaments that ties into the kitchen. 
 
Now I'm off to put a little Christmas in my sunroom.  I grew cotton again this year and I want to add it to some fresh greenery cut from the yard.  I will post it later this week. 
Christmas will soon be here!!
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna
 
I am linking up to Linda at Coastal Charm for her Christmas Home Tour.

16 comments:

Jann Olson said...

Donna, I do a sugar and spice theme in my basement kitchen also. Love what you have done! It's so festive and fun! I hopped over from Coastal Charm. I hosted a 'Sugar and Spice' link party last week. Party is still open until Weds. evening. I would love if you hopped over and linked this post up. You will find the link to it on my sidebar. It's Creating Christmas. My theme was 'sugar and spice' Now following you.
hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Looks like I am already a follower. lol!
hugs,
Jann

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing your pretty and festive decorations - thanks for sharing them with us.
My decorating is so minimal this year, I did not bother to take pics.
Enjoy your evening.

Marilyn said...

Everything looks very festive! Most of my decorations are not coming out this year as my daughter and SIL have moved here and things are rather a mess as we try to join two households. Lots of trips to the Goodwill lately! Merry Christmas to you and your family.♥♫

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty and festive!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Donna,
Thanks for sharing your festive kitchen at my party. You have so many fun goodies in there and that tree in the dining room...LOVE!

Blessings,
Linda

Deborah said...

Your Christmas decorations are spectacular! What lovely photos!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Donna I adore it all! Gotta pin this! Merry Christmas. Hugs, Cindy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Donna your kitchen is so festive! I love all your vignettes. My favorite is the little tin cup.
Your little turkey in the previous post is adorable.
Thanks for stopping by to visit.
Wishing you a Joyful Christmas!

Jeanna said...

Your kitchen decorations are so beautiful Donna...I'm sure your entire home must be so festive.

Can't wait to see what you do with the cotton.

erin's art and gardens said...

hi donna! well, everything looks so bright and cheerful around your place. i especially love the collection of christmas spatulas...quite frankly, i did not know they existed! can you tell that my baking days are over. lol.
merry christmas to you, sweety.
erin
xoxo

Debbie Kay said...

Donna,

Those spatulas are adorable. Where did you get them?

Smiles,

Debbie

Susan said...

You've done such a wonderful job of getting in the spirit of Christmas--what a joyful one with your new granddaughter! XOXO

retrorevival.biz said...

Your home looks so welcoming:) Wishing you a beautiful Christmas and all that's good in 2014!

Miriam said...

Love your Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas Donna!

Camille said...

Donna...you decorate so beautifully! LOVE it all! How creative to have little corners in the kitchen full of special displays...they are so pretty and cheery. Hugs to you!

P.S. Keep on blogging....please? Only when you want to and feel like it...on your terms. :)