Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Little Turkey!

Whew!!  Where has the time gone this year?  I can't believe it's December! 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I ate too much as usual.  Now I am decorating for Christmas.  I have boxes everywhere!  For the first time ever I had the tree decorated in our family room before Thanksgiving.  Jennifer wanted to take some Christmas card pics with Maggie Kate.  So one side of the room was decorated for Christmas!
 
This little one will make Christmas extra special this year!  Don't you think my little "turkey" is adorable???  I could kiss those little cheeks all day :)  She had on her little turkey shirt I appliqued for her and we later changed her into her smocked dress.
 
I can't believe I'm posting this because I normally don't post pics of myself.  But I love this little one so much :)   (I barely had any makeup on, my hair wasn't fixed and I had on an old tee shirt on .. I had been cooking all morning at this point)
 
I didn't get a great picture of her in her smocked dress but she does have it on. 
I think she liked her turkey shirt better.  She looks just like her mommy when she was little.  She even has Jennifer's dimples :)  Love these girls!
 
Here's the little dress I smocked for her that she has on in the pic above. 
Lots of work for so little wear but it was worth it!  The weather has been colder here this year than normal for us so we have to keep baby girl warm!
 
Now I am off to applique some Christmas shirts and do some more Christmas decorating.
 
Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Time does fly by, I can see you are enjoying every little bit of time with your precious granddaughter and daughter. They are both adorable and look so much like grandma, beautiful!!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...



She looks just like you~! even that sweet expression in her eyes~!

you are both adorable and I am so glad I stopped in for a visit so I wouldnt miss this.

I wish you and yours the very happiest of holiday seasons.
Sonny

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Your little turkey is soooo CUTE!! You do such a wonderful job on your sewing...she is one lucky baby girl to have so many beautiful outfits.

Blessings,
Linda

Bianca said...

Just love this post. What a lovely girls and you don't look old enough to be a grandma!! Even without make up, fixed hair or simple shirt, you look wonderful. Granny-hood does you good.

It was good 'seeing' you and your girls again.
Kisses and hugs! Bianca

donna said...

Oh how time does fly by. What great pictures of y'all. Maggie Kate is just adorable. Smocked things are just so extra special.
Hugs
donna

Jeanna said...

She's beautiful Donna...just like her Mommy and her Grandma.

Wish I looked as good as you did Thanksgiving...after all the cooking! Your girls look like you.

So happy you enjoyed the holiday and hope you Christmas is as blessed.

Susan said...

Donna, she is truly heaven sent! What a sweet outfit you made; my older sister does smocking and I know all too well as tedious it is. Happy Holidays, dear friend, XOXO

karen said...

Hey, I love that you have your reading glasses on top of your head! I can so relate. You, your daughter, & grand daughter are adorable.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Aww! So adorable!!. Beautiful job on the smocking.
It is hard to believe it is December - time going by way to fast.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love the pictures! All of you ladies are beautiful but I must say, your little turkey is just precious! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

erin's art and gardens said...

i used to smock dresses for my daughter and saved all of them for a hopeful grand baby....crossing our fingers on that! i think you look gorgeous in your picture!
erin
xxoo

Camille said...

Great post, Donna. And...the pic of you with Maggie Kate is perfect....no make-up required! I think you look lovely. Hugs. :)