Thursday, February 20, 2014

Update and Answers

First I'll update .... we had more snow! 
This was taken in the back of our house of the bridge that leads to the back pasture.  Snow is so pretty but I'm so glad I live in the South where we don't have that much!  Actually since this snowfall we had more snow.  I hope this is it for the year.  Bring on Spring!!
 
I have been doing a little embroidery.  I made this for Jen for Valentine's day.  It's a sweatshirt with her initials.  It's actually a very large design.  I should have taken a pic of the entire sweatshirt.
I embroider things for MK all the time but forget to take pics :(   
 
On Valentine's Day my husband and I took MK to see her mommy at work.  One of Jen's coworkers took this pic with her phone.  It made her mommy's day to see MK!  At five months old this baby loves to stand and loves attention.  Can you tell? LOL
 
And for the "answers" in the blog post title.
I have felt just so tired the last few months.  Along with just feeling overwhelmed, irritable, sweating profusely (in the cold winter months for me is just not normal), trembling in my hands, heart racing, night sweats, etc.  I thought it was just from being on the "run" taking care of my sweet grandbaby.  After all I haven't taken care of a little one in years! 
 
However I began to suspect something when my neck began to swell and was so painful.  Now after seeing an ENT and having a CT scan and ultrasound I have thyroid issues.  I have thyroid nodules and I have hyperthyroidism.  My thyroid is working too well!  I'm finally getting answers.  I have more tests next week and I will be seeing an endocrinologist.  Hopefully soon I can begin meds to help with my issues.  On a side note I have regular checkups every sixth months with blood work and all has been fine in the past.
 
Normally I don't blog about my health issues but I wanted to share a little of what's been going on and why I haven't blogged as much.  Hopefully once I get my health issues resolved I will be back to my old self!  I haven't responded to comments but I read them all and thank you :)
 
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Donna

16 comments:

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Hope you feel better soon. Having answers is always such a relief!
That's the sweetest baby I've seen in ages! And what a cutie-pie sweatshirt!
You are a busy lady!

BeachGypsy said...

GET WELL SOON!! Its always best to do the testing and find out what is off....then you know what to do and how to treat it. You are on the right track. Hope your new meds help! and that they help you feel better!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Thanks, Donna, for letting us know what's up with your health. Now we can begin to pray; please keep us posted.

Shelia and Mister Bean said...

Donna,
Mary Kate is a cutie pie!

I, too, have thyroid issues, except my problem is hypothyroidism, which means I am constantly tired, no energy, brain fog, and I gain weight easily. VERY easily. :-( I've taken synthroid for the past 15 years and I will say that it has helped. I think my symptoms are worse in the winter months. It may just be in my mind, but I think the sunshine and fresh air and being able to go outside helps a little bit.
Hope all goes well with you.
Shelia

erin's art and gardens said...

First of all, I am soooo jealous of your snow! We did not get any, which is kinda weird because I am north of you? Yesterday it was 78 degrees with tornado watches...oh boy, I am ready for some spring....second, the baby is adorable!!!!!!! And third, I am so glad you have found some answers to your health issues...just knowing is such a relief from fear of the unknown.
Take care my dear,
Erin
Xoxo

Sandy said...

Take care. It is a good thing to have a diagnosis and a plan of care to go with it. Thyroid can cause lots of problems in women.
Sandy

donna said...

Hope you start to feel better soon. I know when you thyroid is off it will make you feel bad.
Mary Kate is just precious.
Hugs
donna

BeachGypsy said...

just stopped in to see if you are feeling any better?

Vicky Hunt said...

Beautiful snow pictures covering the little bridge. Mary Kate is so adorable and growing so fast...:) I have nodules on my thyroid but it functions properly. One of my nodules is really big and may have to be removed. I am overdue for another biopsy on it and need to go in and have it checked again. Not fun! Prayers for you to feel better soon. Have a lovely week....Vicky

Camille said...

Sweet friend...I am praying for you! Many Hugs, Camille XO (2 Samuel 22:31-33...precious verses to my heart recently)

Susan said...

Hi Donna, you should have contacted me and I would have diagnosed you--I had the same thing and had my thyroid removed (because of the nodules). Now, I take replacement therapy and everything is as it should be. Thank goodness you sought answers. Take care, XOXO

Camille said...

Praying for you today...Hugs, Camille

Creations By Cindy said...

Donna, your grand is just precious! So sorry to hear about your health issues right now but praying that our Lord will give you healing, rest and comfort. By the way...You sure have gotten your share of snow! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

So glad you are getting some answers! That sweet little MK needs you healthy! You have a lot of chasing to do over the next few years :)
Thank you for coming by my blog. I so appreciate you.....
Would love, love to do a new header for you. It's time and I am your "header person" for life!!!
Let me know and we will work on it!
Love and God Bless.
xo, misha

BeachGypsy said...

just stopped in to see how you are feeling. You havent posted in awhile. Hope all is well!

julieQ said...

I too have hyperthyroidism!! We really should talk...hope you are getting better!!